Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Soldato
Well reports were he was suffering a heart attack so that certainly wouldn't have helpex. Poor sod.

I think that's been updated. Seems he had a collapse due to a weak leg, the crowd gathered round him to see what happened, he was sitting up saying he wanted to go home and was run over by the van

Caporegime
Why since 2000? Thats rather arbitrary.

Because David Copeland killed three and injured 129 in 1999.

He's also missed out another far right killing in 2013.

All that's beside the point though, he's suggesting we are ignoring Islamic terrorism, whereas you'll find people are arguing that it shouldn't matter what ideology you follow, you should deal with them equally.

Should we be detaining indefinitely without trial those 1000 far right suspects as well as the 2000 Islamist suspects they advocate? They should both be treated equally in my books, but the debate goes oddly quiet when that is brought up.

Edit: just reading more into Copeland, seems there would have been a much bigger death toll if the bombs he placed hadn't been moved to less crowded areas by people finding them suspicious. :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Because David Copeland killed three and injured 129 in 1999.

He's also missed out another far right killing in 2013.

Should we be detaining indefinitely without trial those 1000 far right suspects as well as the 2000 Islamist suspects they advocate? They should both be treated equally in my books, but the debate goes oddly quiet when that is brought up.

Maybe they secretly worry they are one of the thousand on that list ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
It's not a competition.

Looks to me only death counts as an issue for him. If a person survives the attack then it doesnt matter......

What about the countless number of attacks by the far-right on muslim women and children recently? (cowards prey on the weak of society).

Theres far too many hate crimes that go unreported and are often incorrectly classified so the true extent of the 'far-right' infestation we currently have is often miscalculated. I've seen no end of attacks being reported - and if this was any other minority group the press would have been all over it - collating statistics, discussing the issue at hand but Nah, its just the muslamics - how dare we give them equal treatment as other minority groups.

Caporegime
I think what most people are saying is that clearly Islamic extremism is more of a problem than the white supremacists... that should be obvious when you at the evidence globally.

Yet our security services are having to spend a third of their resources on right wing extremism. So yes, Islamic Extremism is a bigger problem but reading papers and some people on here you would think its the only problem.

And since far right extremism is up 33% since 2015 and only set to rise even further I suspect after the islamic attacks this year, far right extremists might soon be a bigger problem than islamic extremists in the UK.

Caporegime

Well I assume that since a third of terrorists on the security services watch list are now right wing extremists I assume the security services will be spending a third of their resources monitoring them? Or are you saying they will be spending less time watching them?

Permabanned
Chris Wilson said:
I used to live in Gatley, a village just up the road from Didsbury. I used to occasionally pop into the Canadian Charcoal Pit for a lamb kebab at lunch time, which is on the same road as the Mosque. The last time I went the Mosque hadn't been open very long. The road has double yellow line parking restrictions along most of its length. This day there were upwards of two hundred cars all parked along the road, on double yellows. I assumed parking restrictions were lifted and I luckily found a space almost outside of the shop. As I was getting out a copper came over and told me I was on double yellows. I commented that I assumed restrictions were lifted as so many cars were similarly parked. To my disbelief he said they were worshippers at the new Mosque and his bosses had told him to ignore anyone going there and not ticket them. But he was going to ticket me if I didn't immediately move... He was pragmatic and said it was the "new way". I moved home soon after as the rot was obviously set in and one could see that the PC nonsense actually transgressed laws and favoured those who would use the race card to bend the laws of our land. The planning permission for the Mosque had gone ahead despite unbelievable numbers of objections, many based on the lack of parking... So the seeds of discontent get sown.

Lol yeh sure you did Chris, sure you did.

Anything to further your blatant racism/bigotry.

It seems it's now under police investigation for sermons possibly inciting violence and maybe the Manchester Arena bombing itself.

So glad to have moved, the area is a dump these days, it's very sad to see a once nice area degenerate so fast.

"A sermon at the mosque where the Manchester bomber worshipped called for the support of armed jihadist fighters, according to two Muslim scholars.

An imam at Didsbury Mosque in December 2016 was recorded praying for "victory" for "our brothers and sisters right now in Aleppo and Syria and Iraq".

Scholars Usama Hasan and Shaykh Rehan said it referred to "military jihad".

The imam, Mustafa Graf, says his sermon did not call for armed jihad and he has never preached radical Islam.

The recording the BBC obtained is of Friday prayers at the mosque six months before Salman Abedi detonated a suicide bomb following an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in May 2017.

Abedi and his family regularly attended the mosque and his father sometimes led the call to prayer.

The family's whereabouts on the day of the sermon are unknown but the BBC has been told that Abedi bought a ticket for the concert 10 days later.

The bomb killed 22 people and the attacker, as well as injuring hundreds of others.

It is also understood at least five men who have attended Didsbury Mosque have either travelled to Syria or have been jailed for terrorism offences."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44729727

Soldato
I went to School in Gatley. There's a large Synagogue within half a mile to serve the sizeable Jewish community. The difference being that they walk as they're not supposed to drive on the Sabbath...

Not aware of a Mosque, other than a community centre in the shops on Foxland Road.

Didsbury is good couple of miles away, and across the Manchester border.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I went to School in Gatley. There's a large Synagogue within half a mile to serve the sizeable Jewish community. The difference being that they walk as they're not supposed to drive on the Sabbath...

Not aware of a Mosque, other than a community centre in the shops on Foxland Road.

Didsbury is good couple of miles away, and across the Manchester border.

I used to live smack bang next door to the Yeshurun Hebrew Congregation Synagogue, on Gatley Road. I rember Geoff Porteus Newsagents on Foxland Road, Geoff sadly dies not long before I left Gatley, so now there's some sort of Muslim community centre amongst that small block of shops?

The Jewish community only walked the last few yards, Torkington Road and Delamere Road were choc a bloc with parked cars whenever there was a do on or on a Saturday.

The Mosque I am on about is a converted old church on the corner of Burton Road and Barlow Moor Road in West Didsbury. Opposite that dodgy Manchester College.

Soldato
The Muslin Community Centre is next to the hairdressers IIRC.

The synagogue also attracted a lot of Jews to the area was my point, although there was an increasing (and wealthy) Muslim population in the 90s, and both seemed reasonably well integrated. Not sure about now.

The West Didsbury mosque is over the Manchester border, which is why it's not on my planning related radar.

Back
Top Bottom