Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Caporegime
What would you have the authorities do? If they'd have done anything the human rights brigade would have been out in force claiming discrimination and Islamophobia. Unless you're prepared to take the necessary steps, which clearly we aren't as a nation yet, then you need evidence before anything can be done.

Stop him flying back and forward between Libya and the UK for a start.

You're talking rubbish again.

Soldato
Yep I made this point yesterday when it was revealed, people complain that not enough is done by the communities but in this instance it clearly appears they did yet it was ignored. So where does the buck stop? Police will blame it on cuts, Govt will blame it on the police and meanwhile the ones who suffer are the innocent civilians caught up in it.

If as it appears that he was on an MI5 watchlist, the buck does stop there. They make the decisions who to monitor. There has been no cuts to the intelligence budget, rather the opposite.

I think that one of the first reactions will be to stiffen the Tpin protocols without necessarily going back to house arrest.

Permabanned
What would you have the authorities do? If they'd have done anything the human rights brigade would have been out in force claiming discrimination and Islamophobia. Unless you're prepared to take the necessary steps, which clearly we aren't as a nation yet, then you need evidence before anything can be done.

Snore. Seriously. I think your pushing it a bit now. What liberal guy would shout 'human rights' for a terrorist. I'm left wing. I'm liberal. I'm for human rights. Except in those cases where people want to kill. Then they can rot it hell. Like yours and many other peoples false claims... Please just stop. Cant find a solution if crap like this is spat out peoples mouths.

How many liberal people do you actually know that support terrorists human rights? I mean directly. Not the ones you've read about in the sun and daily mail.

Caporegime
How dreadful - my sincere condolences. I hope their injuries heal well as well as possible or, if they didn't make it, that the memory of their character will brightly outshine the memory of their demise.
Killed. He was related to a former colleague of mine who I knew very well. Had spoken to him a couple of times and had heard about many of his exploits!

Caporegime
**** off mate. Seriously. What liberal guy would shout 'human rights' for a terrorist. I'm left wing. I'm liberal. I'm for human rights. Except in those cases where people want to kill. Then they can rot it hell. Like yours and many other peoples false claims... Please just stop. Cant find a solution if crap like this is spat out peoples mouths.

Indeed.

Liberals don't want a police state where you are incarcerated Guantanimo style for years without trial or evidence

But we're quite happy for proper investigations in to people who have been reported to the authorities. There are things you can do to monitor them. Tag them, take away their passport etc.

Caporegime
**** off mate. Seriously. What liberal guy would shout 'human rights' for a terrorist. I'm left wing. I'm liberal. I'm for human rights. Except in those cases where people want to kill. Then they can rot it hell. Like yours and many other peoples false claims... Please just stop. Cant find a solution if crap like this is spat out peoples mouths.
Seriously - do you follow the news at all in this country? Taxpayers are literally funding people who stand up for 'human rights' for terrorists, to list a few examples; Caged/Jihadi John, disgraced former solicitor Phil Shiner and the Al Sweaty inquiry, Guantanamo Bay, 2006 Afghan hijackers, Moazzam Begg. At this very time we have human rights lawyers fighting to stop the deportation of the ringleaders of the Rochdale rape gang that featured in Three Girls. Oh and I'm not your mate.

Soldato
What would you have the authorities do?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but putting him on a 'no-fly' list would have been a good start.

If they'd have done anything the human rights brigade would have been out in force claiming discrimination and Islamophobia

There's got to be a balance between protecting the country and protecting individuals accused of crimes. Advocacy on both sides is healthy. Some people are falsely accused of links to terrorism and have their rights restricted without trial. Decisions must be scrutinised if we want to have a functioning justice system in this country.

Seeing as it was local Muslims who flagged the bomber to the police, I doubt people would have claimed discrimination and Islamophobia in this case.

Permabanned
I don't trust a lot of the main stream news. Even if true... Why do a few extreme liberal idiots mean we all want the same.

I would advise you speak to some liberals ... Perhaps some friends and family.... And ask them if they are for defending terrorists rights. (and I mean the ones who have proven to be a terrorist).

I have quite a large family and social circle. Of any of the liberals I know...not one would be in support of helping terrorists in any way whatsoever and all would want them stopped by most means to prevent any atrocity.

I dont know where you get the image of liberals and I can say its not right. Its like saying I know a right winger who is racist, and a peadophile... So all right wingers must be like that. Makes no sense to me

Man of Honour
Nope, SF have no identifiable markings on their bodies during active service.

Interesting setup with C8/L119 variant w/ what is probably Magpul furniture, Ops-core and the QA config - hardly regular army issue :D - as they seem to be working alongside guys from 2 PARA quite likely from some unit within 16 Air Assault. (Again I'm no expert but no one else is saying anything other than SAS).

Associate
Seriously - do you follow the news at all in this country? Taxpayers are literally funding people who stand up for 'human rights' for terrorists, to list a few examples; Caged/Jihadi John, disgraced former solicitor Phil Shiner and the Al Sweaty inquiry, Guantanamo Bay, 2006 Afghan hijackers, Moazzam Begg. At this very time we have human rights lawyers fighting to stop the deportation of the ringleaders of the Rochdale rape gang that featured in Three Girls. Oh and I'm not your mate.
you have to have human rights legislation for all for it to work, I assume you wish to have your human rights protected by law?

Caporegime
Interesting setup with C8/L119 variant w/ what is probably Magpul furniture, Ops-core and the QA config - hardly regular army issue :D - as they seem to be working alongside guys from 2 PARA quite likely from some unit within 16 Air Assault. (Again I'm no expert but no one else is saying anything other than SAS).

I think you're getting confused by pics of soldiers stagging on in London etc.. i.e. the media pictures showing soldiers from the Guards, 2PARA and Royal Artillery alongside the Met police at Buckingham Palace, Houses or parliament etc..etc..

I wouldn't infer anything about the apparent military personnel assisting the Police SFOs in that Manchester raid based on those random other pictures of other troops in clearly identifiable uniform stagging on.

Man of Honour
I think you're getting confused by pics of soldiers stagging on in London etc.. i.e. the media pictures showing soldiers from the Guards, 2PARA and Royal Artillery alongside the Met police at Buckingham Palace, Houses or parliament etc..etc..

I wouldn't infer anything about the seemingly military personnel assisting the police in that raid based on those other pictures of troops

Wasn't just basing it on those photos posted here.

Man of Honour
OK well it seems very muddled regardless

Was trying to get some kind of conversation going about it - couple of people asking about it and pretty much the only replies other than mine were sniping about "armchair experts" without adding anything constructive.

EDIT: And largely I'm just sticking some general info together - I saw some footage of soldiers in the same kind of setup alongside 2PARA but I know nothing more than that and might have it completely wrong.

Soldato
I do think Islam has a structural problem, the main arguments you hear against the violent parts of the scriptures is that such and such paragraph/passage supercedes this, that may be true but when you don't have a central figure who can ratify that (i.e. the pope) it's essentially a my word against yours. The Quran is the divine words of God so presumably nobody has any right to make those claims.

The majority of Muslims are clearly not in the violent end of the spectrum (1.8 billion muslims globally would result in a lot more terrorists if that wasn't the case) but clearly the ability to cherry pick and interpret the religion in a manner that suits their agenda has allowed ISIS etc. to thrive.

How do you fight that ideology without a reform of the religion itself? I don't think it's possible so I don't see a viable solution aside from tighter restrictions on those with links to terrorist groups and maybe revoking citizenship for those that go to fight for such groups. My fiance and her family are muslim (moderates) and she openly admits those saying this isn't an issue of Islam itself is both misguided and naive.

Apathy is a real issue and the cynic in me is slowly veering towards that. I don't think humans are capable of global peace, too much greed for power/wealth/control.

Caporegime
I'm not sure there is anything constructive about playing guess the unit of the scary looking military blokes - but what were you basing this comment on:

"they seem to be working alongside guys from 2 PARA quite likely from some unit within 16 Air Assault" if not the photos of other soldiers clearly from 2PARA deployed in London?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom