Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Caporegime
You said:

"Engaging with the Islamic community, although it has its faults (such as prevent)"

And then you proceed to label prevent as some sort of surveillance tool. That doesn't make me think you find prevent palatable. When there are well funded and well researched strategic endeavours to combat extremism (prevent) and they are rejected to do your own thing it isn't going to be welcomed by many. It's going to be seen as unhelpful at best.

1. Something having its faults doesn't mean it's not working or I don't think it's palatable. It means there are problems with it. Basic English 101

2. I take it you didn't read the links provided? The biggest issue with Prevent is the perception of it due to the issues it has had in the past. Even those running the scheme admit that.

The solution for many was to start up their own schemes that do basically the same thing but are more respected within their communities. If that's not welcomed by many then I'm not sure what will be. Damned if they don't do things to combat issues in their community, damned if they do...

Soldato
I've been called worse :)

The only other option I would give is, that any person who wants them here must go through the spouse visa process (of course renamed) pay £1000 for your application to be considered, you must earn at least £18,600 to sponsor a migrant, for applicants who are also bringing dependent children the threshold rises by £3,800 for one child and £2,400 for each additional child. The sponsor must share the same home, no overcrowding rules, the applicant must be disease free, pass at least A1 in an English test and do not claim state benefits for 5 years. Knowing how big hearted liberals are, I am sure it will be very popular and we will take an even bigger fair share :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
as i said white british.

not just "british" as you tried to claim

or are you saying you have to be white to be "true british"?

Honest! I'm not racist! :D

So deuse has taken an ethnicity chart and decided to use that as a definition of someone being British? The mask has almost completely fallen off now it appears...

Caporegime
What would you have the authorities do? If they'd have done anything the human rights brigade would have been out in force claiming discrimination and Islamophobia. Unless you're prepared to take the necessary steps, which clearly we aren't as a nation yet, then you need evidence before anything can be done.

So what do you think are the necessary steps that don't require evidence (that's how it reads to me at least).

Caporegime
Honest! I'm not racist! :D

So deuse has taken an ethnicity chart and decided to use that as a definition of someone being British? The mask has almost completely fallen off now it appears...

Hes showing his true colours which normally he almost shows and most people on here suspected for a long time. Basically Britain is for white people only and he wont be happy until that day comes.

I did think all the white supremacists had left ocuk after Spie sold up but i guess a few hung around and kept their heads down.

Soldato
Ah true brits...purely determined by the colour of your skin :p.

Not white but consider myself british, dad and grandad both served in the RAF (25 and 20 years respectively). Guess that counts for diddly squat in Deuse's white land :D

Associate
1. Something having its faults doesn't mean it's not working or I don't think it's palatable. It means there are problems with it. Basic English 101

2. I take it you didn't read the links provided? The biggest issue with Prevent is the perception of it due to the issues it has had in the past. Even those running the scheme admit that.

The solution for many was to start up their own schemes that do basically the same thing but are more respected within their communities. If that's not welcomed by many then I'm not sure what will be. Damned if they don't do things to combat issues in their community, damned if they do...

Again you said 'Engaging with the Islamic community, although it has its faults (such as prevent)' which tells me you think prevent is a fault. The link you provided you should read to the end as well to see that Prevent has evolved since a retired policemen left office. Logically you can't claim that the communities are doing enough or can do it themselves if £40 million pound strategies like Prevent are needed.

Soldato
Arazis has his own little world that normal people shouldnt be heading into if they can help it.

He would disagree with you because he seem to only consider those on Islamic terror lists need to be in need of this despotic treatment, not all terrorists. Those on far right terror lists for example shouldn't need to be affected...

At least that's what he's discussed multiple times in multiple threads before when pressed on the issue.
This whole subject and many more is about Islamic Terror, anyone on an Islamic Terror list should be detained, simple, this thread isn't about any other terrorist groups, it is about Islamic Terror.

You are just posting your usual defend and deflect tactic like many others on here.

Soldato
Remember these people on the watch list are generally made up of people that gone to Syria and fought for IS. Not exactly innocent people after all.
That is a good start, anyone who has been to hell holes like this and back have been for no good, arrest them and lock them up.

Permabanned
I've been called worse :)

The only other option I would give is, that any person who wants them here must go through the spouse visa process (of course renamed) pay £1000 for your application to be considered, you must earn at least £18,600 to sponsor a migrant, for applicants who are also bringing dependent children the threshold rises by £3,800 for one child and £2,400 for each additional child. The sponsor must share the same home, no overcrowding rules, the applicant must be disease free, pass at least A1 in an English test and do not claim state benefits for 5 years. Knowing how big hearted liberals are, I am sure it will be very popular and we will take an even bigger fair share :)

We are still awaiting Ed Balls and his wife / woman to take in the migrants they publicly offered to, in one of their homes. Maybe CC him in on this.... ? :)

Caporegime
This whole subject and many more is about Islamic Terror, anyone on an Islamic Terror list should be detained, simple, this thread isn't about any other terrorist groups, it is about Islamic Terror.

You are just posting your usual defend and deflect tactic like many others on here.

So what about their family members? detain them as well? Where are you going to put all these people?

Man of Honour
So they have been 18 attacks foiled this year so far and 5 since Westminster attack in March. Thats a lot more than i was expecting.

With the potential number of people who'd seriously consider this type of attack in this country not too surprising - fortunately for the most part its a lot harder to actually organise and pull off than it is to aspire to it - hence most will be caught in the planning stages (or resort to low tech stuff like the Westminster attack).

Soldato
So what about their family members? detain them as well? Where are you going to put all these people?
If they are involved in any way then yes, also i am not the security services, that decision of where\what to put or do with them isnt upto me.

Back
Top Bottom