US: Marvel & Netflix - Daredevil

Associate
Yeah this is a freaking great series. Only thing that bothered me is
, why does he cover his eyes with that "mask"? He is just giving away the fact he is blind, and the "mask" offers no additional protection. He should have just worn a hockey mask so no-one could punch him without breaking their hand! And they would have no clue he was actually blind. He could have also at least worn a stab vest, that would have saved him a lot of trouble.

Soldato
, why does he cover his eyes with that "mask"? He is just giving away the fact he is blind, and the "mask" offers no additional protection. He should have just worn a hockey mask so no-one could punch him without breaking their hand! And they would have no clue he was actually blind. He could have also at least worn a stab vest, that would have saved him a lot of trouble.

They all have to start somewhere....look at Spidermans' first costume

Associate
They all have to start somewhere....look at Spidermans' first costume

It's nothing to do with complexity of the costume, it's just common sense. Especially after the first time he got stabbed, any rational person would have thought about some protection after that. And the "mask" thing is a dead giveaway that he can't see, the most straightforward and obvious mask anyone would choose would be a balaclava like Bruce Wayne did in Batman Begins. The added bonus is that none of his friends would think "That vigilante must be blind with that mask on...and my friend Matt is blind....hmmm" :D

Soldato
It's nothing to do with complexity of the costume, it's just common sense. Especially after the first time he got stabbed, any rational person would have thought about some protection after that. And the "mask" thing is a dead giveaway that he can't see, the most straightforward and obvious mask anyone would choose would be a balaclava like Bruce Wayne did in Batman Begins. The added bonus is that none of his friends would think "That vigilante must be blind with that mask on...and my friend Matt is blind....hmmm" :D

Blind and also frequently injured :D

Associate

It would probably hinder his movement. Hence the suit that was custom made.

Soldato
I'm not a big fan of comic book heroes; too cartoony as a rule. But I dipped into this and have gone all the way. It managed to stay just the right side of absolutely ridiculous to keep me onboard.

Batman without the trust fund. 7/10.

Soldato
Enjoyed this, watched all 13 over the past fews night, refreshing, and nice to see whole season arcs well defined, there is plenty left open for next time. Will private pile get out! ;)

Don
Just finished watching this. although I'm not sure why it's in the "US" part of the forum considering it was released in the UK at the same time

Back
Top Bottom