*** Mass Effect 3 ***

I just purchased ME3 and have already been using Texmod. It is an amazing game

Does anyone know how to change the FOV? I am trying to use widescreenfixer but to no avail. Shepard's body is massive

I bought this on PC for the MP. I'm having fun with it but so far playing solo can only get to Wave 3.

Partly this is because I'm not great at FPS games, unfortunately. But I am fairly sensible so would it be a terrible faux par to hop on to MP at Bronze and just give things a go? Or am I likely to get intsa-kicked?

You might lose interest if you continue to play like that so start playing with other people. Anybody who kicks you on bronze with a low level character is an idiot, everybody has got to start somewhere. To be honest, this late in the games life I would be surprised if you got kicked in a silver lobby as most people should be able to carry you through the match(not that I would advise doing that). When you've got your first character to level 14 or so and you're comfortable with what you need to do, consider moving up to silver difficulty. You get a lot more money for completing and its a lot more enjoyable to play. This will help you max out your starter weapons a lot faster.

You can play classes that don't rely so much on your aim so even if you aren't a good shot or have low level weapons you could still perform. Human sentinel and human engineer are good choices as they are power based classes. Do you know about biotic/tech combos? They will help you out a lot if you decide to use such a class. If you do decide to play a power based class, don't overload on weapons as you want a 150%+ cooldown bonus. So maybe just stick to the one weapon(either a predator or avenger, as they're quite light)

I had a level one soldier playing with me who's first game was on platinum difficulty, no idea what he was thinking. Maybe he joined mid match and forgot to change the search preferences. He should have been kicked, he must have died 5 times per wave :D

You can add me if you want, my origin ID is Handheld_Biscuit

List of Biotic/Tech combos
Some useful info on game mechanics

There's actually quite a lot to take in when you play this game online, it was a lot simpler when it first came out as there were half the maps and a fraction of the classes and abilties so it might seem quite daunting at first.

Last edited:
Bio have released the first teaser pic from the upcoming, as yet unnamed SP DLC for Mass Effect 3, & this SP DLC is thought to be the last one for ME3, curious to see how they'll wrap ME3 up.

ME3_DLC_teaser_zps684e939f.jpg

Bio have released the first teaser pic from the upcoming, as yet unnamed SP DLC for Mass Effect 3, & this SP DLC is thought to be the last one for ME3, curious to see how they'll wrap ME3 up.

The problem is they can't really add any meaningful DLC that takes place after the end of the game like they did with ME2. Thats why I never bought the Omega DLC but I would still be tempted to pick it up if it was going cheap.

Playing through ME1 currently, hardcore difficulty. Wow it's a step up in difficulty from the one below, that's for sure. This is my 5th or so playthrough and I'm still finding missions I haven't done before! I'm disappointed in myself haha.

Can't wait to get through and play ME3 with MEHEM.

Is MEHEM as good as it sounds? Does it completely redo the ending?

Last edited:
MEHEM: Get info on the mod and the download links from here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/368/index/14795358/1

Curious to see what they do with the finally DLC - hard to imagine anything particularly different being added, but you'd think that with the final one they would try to throw the rules out for it (to an extent!).

I'm sure I'd heard there would be more Multiplayer updates as well, been thinking that we might be due a Citadel based Firebase map, just not sure that would fit into the fiction.

Might pick this up on the GMG deal. I got bored half way through ME2 but i loved ME1

Will i like ME3? Also, do i really need to finish ME2 to enjoy ME3?

With all the news about it being "huge" - a small part of me was hoping they'd make some startling announcement about the controversial ending were one giant bluff, the current ending really *was* the indoctrination theory, and this DLC was the "real" ending.

Meh.

It helps but in all honesty, you can pick & play ME3 without the need to have finished ME2, it'll have no impact on your playing experience.

I have heard a lot about this game but not really played any of them. Just bought ME3 on a good deal, should i play and complete the first 2 to get the best experience?

2 is easily the best game in the series for me.

Lies! ME1 is the best :p

I thought the lack of ammo for weapons in ME1 was quite unique and i'm pretty disapointed they changed that to be the same as every other game in existance, except instead of picking ammo up, you pick 'heatsinks' up. I don't recall the unified button being in the original either, I can't recall if that was present in ME2.

There are a few positives though.
I preferred the way they handled powers in ME2/3 when they all share the same cooldown. They also got rid of the ridiculous amount of menus that were present in the first game, I must have spent a fair few hours sifting through my inventory to equip the right ammunition.

Although ME3 is my least favourite game in the series i've probably spent twice as many hours playing it due to the online multiplayer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom