Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Soldato
Few other things worth mentioning in MP:
Rockets no longer one shot bosses
The total number of skill points available for lv20 characters is 66, im sure this is less than in ME3MP as i can't go all out and max 4 ability trees. You can max out 3 trees and have 3 points left over
If you're going to be playing Silver and above be sure to buy equipment packs so you have 2 of everything, it only costs 4k in total and even if you burned through everything its less than 20% of the money earned
Kett seem to be the hardest and Outlaws the easiest but this is just going from personal experience

Soldato
Have you maxed out all the character cards? You get skill points from those, too?
That might be where the difference is coming from then as the lv20 only has 2 character cards against them. Thats something else that has changed then(if its true) as the old skill point system was based on level only.

Caporegime
That might be where the difference is coming from then as the lv20 only has 2 character cards against them. Thats something else that has changed then(if its true) as the old skill point system was based on level only.

Yes, for example, my unplayed Human Female Vanguard is rank X but level 1. She's got one point in each of the active powers and 25 spare. I think you get 5 skill points at rank II, IV, VI, VIII and X.

Soldato
Yes, for example, my unplayed Human Female Vanguard is rank X but level 1. She's got one point in each of the active powers and 25 spare. I think you get 5 skill points at rank II, IV, VI, VIII and X.

I would have preferred it if they had enabled the extra skill points via promotions and left the character cards to unlock additional asthetic customisations like they did in the old game. I would give a nice incentive to promote which the game currently lacks.

Soldato
I'm actually pretty surprised you have a character at X already. What packs have you been buying? I bought about 10 or so Basic packs to start off, then i moved onto the Advanced packs but i didn't buy as many and now im just buying the Expert packs when I can.
To be fair some of the common classes look really strong and weapons such as the Charger also look really decent so theres some good value to be had there. The only reason i moved onto the expert packs is the majority of the good weapon mods are rare but i haven't had much luck with them so far although i do have a rank II Vanquisher so i can't complain. I can't hit the broad side of a barn in this game but it still manages to demolish everything.

Saw someone with an Apex rating of 6600 earlier, the guy must have money to burn...

Caporegime
I've been buying the 5000 credit basic packs so nearly all my bronze characters and weapons are at rank X now. I can get by in silver with this stuff. I've been reading on Reddit people are managing to beat gold with bronze equipment, too.

I'll start buying the 20,000 credit packs today. I'm in no rush to unlock everything but I am dying to try out that P.A.W weapon to see if it's as good as ME3 particle rifle. And I would like my Hurricane back but the Charger is quite decent so far.

Associate
Guys I got the human female infiltrator to X but she only has 20 points to spend? this doesent seem like enough if its 5 for each even card? any ideas. She is lvl 0 and has the 1 std point in the each power.

ALso anyone wanna play on xbox one? :)

Caporegime
Just can't get over how hilariously bad this game looks. I've watched a good few hours of twitch streams now and wow... Imagine playing the first three and then paying for this abomination. :p Games like this need to fail.

The $40,000,000 comedy.

Soldato
Guys I got the human female infiltrator to X but she only has 20 points to spend? this doesent seem like enough if its 5 for each even card? any ideas. She is lvl 0 and has the 1 std point in the each power.

Also anyone wanna play on xbox one? :)

You get ~3 points for levelling her each time until the level cap of 20?

Soldato
Aaaaarrrrgh! Had my first "Failed to load mission results" screen meaning all the hard work was for nothing. You get no cash!

I haven't had this happen to me yet, I wasn't aware it was still a thing. I've had the bug where I cant decode reliably and I believe i've also seen it happen to others. It seems the character continues to move when they start decoding and sooner or later they end up too far away to interact, except on their screen they're still right next to the objective.

Soldato
Has anyone got a character to level 20 and then reset it yet? Want to know what happens.
I've not promoted yet. It takes that long to level that im probably going to hold off doing it until I have a lot of X rank rare tier gear.

I've heard it was the same as it is in ME3 MP, increased rating and a skill reset. I would rather reset my skills via a loot card or the Item store for the time being.

Caporegime
I've been playing multiplayer for four days or so now. Verdict = it's tragically broken. There are so many bugs I've found, I've now lost count. The game will crash if you play more than one game of silver as if there's some sort of memory leak when there are too many effects on screen. It doesn't happen on bronze difficulty.

Think I will have to pass on this now until they release a patch or five. Bioware have certainly got their work cut out for them. I'm left with such a sour taste now that I doubt I shall ever buy one of their games in release again.

Soldato
Played for an hour of the single player...this gets better right? Yes i figure i havent given it a lot of time but so far with default male Ryder the experiance has been nothing short of appauling. The animations and voice acting are something i expect to hear watching my childs favourite cartoons, Peppa pig and the like. It truly is amazing how wooden people can act through their voice alone.

It genuinely is taking me out of the experiance...unless this improves dramatically im out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom