Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Soldato
I wouldn't expect much on the consoles given that the PC version hasn't the most consistent of performance either across gpus.

It's ported from console to PC so would expect it to run better on consoles especially PS4 Pro it's just badly coded tbh. There is nothing to really struggle the Pro on show...

Soldato
It's ported from console to PC so would expect it to run better on consoles especially PS4 Pro it's just badly coded tbh. There is nothing to really struggle the Pro on show...
That's exactly why I have little expectations for performance improvements on the PS4. The team have got a ton of work to do and fps fixes maybe the least of them. Of course I hope I'm wrong, it's just that I recall ME3 back in the day running poorly on the PS3 I believe it was.

Soldato
That's exactly why I have little expectations for performance improvements on the PS4. The team have got a ton of work to do and fps fixes maybe the least of them. Of course I hope I'm wrong, it's just that I recall ME3 back in the day running poorly on the PS3 I believe it was.

Yeah ME3 ran bad on PS3 I remember that. Tbh so far I would say the FPS issues is just something else to add to the long list of issues with this game. I have seen all sorts of problems so far. It's a shame and I'm gutted and annoyed. Mass Effect is one of my all time favourites and was really looking forward to this but it just does not deliver as it should.

Soldato
Yeah I know the feeling. The trilogy is the sort of thing that gamers will tell their kids about, despite the mess of an ending it was an amazing ride from start to...finish.
I just cannot believe we're this early in the year with so many great titles already seen, and we're presented with MEA's mess of visuals and animation. I can't help but laugh at all the memes sprouting all over the place.

Given that I've had Origin uninstalled on my PC since ME3 I have no intention of putting it back on so I was hoping the thing would at least run at a stable frame rate like most of the games we've so far seen on the PS4's.

Soldato
Given that I've had Origin uninstalled on my PC since ME3 I have no intention of putting it back on so I was hoping the thing would at least run at a stable frame rate like most of the games we've so far seen on the PS4's.

Same situation here. Looks like I won't need to install Origin on the PC anytime soon. I've got a Steam backlog and a bunch of PS4 exclusives to work my way through now!

Soldato
Despite the mixed reviews im getting pretty excited about playing this game, more so than any other game this year, I just hope i cn live with its flaws. My ShopTo order has been dispatched so it could even arrive tomorrow. I may well just play multiplayer for the time being and have a marathon game session over the weekend/entire of next week.

Associate
Me too. I love the series so much that I just want more of the lore and the combat is supposed to be good. I'll maybe start the story next week though as I have another game to finish, hopefully there'll be some bug fixes by then.

Just went to pre-load the digital version and had to search it in the library before the download button would even show in case anyone has the same issue.

Soldato
Could be a perfect gaming day :)

My birthday is Friday and I'm certainly not sitting in an office and could play Andromeda all day but the previews aren't exactly helping. I'm not overly put off by the character glitches but if the story immersion isn't quite up to previous releases I have my doubts.

Still there's does seem quite a lot to do besides so I may go ahead and order anyway as the temptation being sat at home will be compelling.

Soldato
It's not a bad game it's just not as good as the previous outings. There is some really good bits and so far I have enjoyed it more than I was expecting after initial impressions and reviews.

It should have been so much better though and it's annoying it's not.

Worth a play, Maybe not at full price but it's not all bad.

Hopefully my PS4 copy will turn up tomorrow and I can start again paying more attention.

Caporegime
Had a couple of goes on multiplayer. Will take some getting used to even though much of it's the same as before. The enemies seem tougher though. I guess that's why they've reduced it from 11 waves to 7. Throw you in at the deep end. :D

The only troublesome thing was the amount of people coming and going though. The lobby filled up, then emptied, then filled up. Game started. Two people never arrived. Two more appeared to arrive mid-game but left straightaway. Bronze is really hard with just two beginners.

Soldato
Received my PS4 version today. So far it seems to run a bit better and look a bit sharper on the Pro. It still slows a bit every now and again. The lip sync also seems better.

Back
Top Bottom