Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Permabanned
Reviewers appear to be citing that which I always feared where going to become massive issues. The old open world problem of side activities detracting from the central themes and plot, and the 'Kett' being hugely inferior antagonists to the 'Reapers'.

Sigh. I guess we'll just have to wait till Thursday to find out for sure.

Soldato
Reviews seem broadly agreed that it's average but odd that some say the combat is the saving grace whilst others say combat is the weakest part. The biggest disappointment for me is that they all agree the story and relationships aren't up to scratch and that's always been the driving force in the previous games.

Soldato
Is this game supposed to be the first in a new trilogy? I haven't heard anything about decisions being carried over to a future second game.
I haven't heard anything, so they might just see how well this game sells and take it from there. It would be a shame if this was the last game based in the ME universe but from what i've read this game doesn't seem to match up with Biowares previous efforts so unless things improve maybe its for the best.

Man of Honour
From watching the Giant Bomb quick look, I can't believe how bad the animation and lip syncing is, it's like they've gone back 10 years. I'm guessing they'll patch that? Surely it's not something they'll leave.....surely?! :eek:

Associate
No doubt will take ages for a patch to come out. I know Sony have a long drawn out patch authentication procedure and that's not including the time it takes to make the patch.

I love Mass Effect so will play it anyway but I have HZD to complete first so hopefully a patch will arrive by then.

A 7/10 isn't a bad score though (or it didn't used to be before anything below a 9 became bad) depends on the review site.

Soldato
A massive part of the game is the story and character interactions, which from what I'm reading is a flop.
and that's exactly it. I couldn't care less about the ME3 combat that is a part of this game with a few new bits - what is key to me is the story and the interactions that make up that. Given that the player will spend a lot of time talking to other characters, I just can't bear to do this with botox fuelled thunderbirds models with mental eye issues. I saw about 5-6hours of the Trial and in that time I saw a ton of issues all over the shop - It all comes to a head when a key MEA character learns of a family death and has a stupid grin on his face instead of sadness.

I love the trilogy but have no care in the world for this tbh. This is Bioware 2017.

Caporegime
Coming out in the same month as Zelda Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn and how bug free those games are, this don't compare well.

I know they are different games but from someone like me, who has heard great things about the Mass Effect franchise and would like to try it...I won't be getting this.

Caporegime
Doesn't seem to be doing too good on the PS4 Pro. 1800p checkerboard resolution only with drops to low 20s in combat. There is no 1080p60 mode nor even a locked 1080p30. Considering this was one of the titles shown off at the PS4 Pro reveal, it's highly disappointing they've put so little work in.

Disclaimer - this is only hearsay from other sites so until Digital Foundry provide analysis it's not concrete.

I think this has gone from a buy to a rental now to see what's happening.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is meant to be another big patch in the works coming within the next few weeks apparently. Might be worth holding off a few weeks and seeing if this fixes the issues.

I have the Xbox one version here now and the frame rate is awful in places on Xbox One S. I'm going to get the PS4 version but it's not looking much better on Pro. I wish they would have a 1080p option on Pro rather than super scaling.

Back
Top Bottom