****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Despite what most people think, ME3 was a damn solid game. The mechanics where everything the first two games had been working towards, the gunplay and map layouts where great for combat, variety in scenery and weapon types where so fleshed out and aesthetically beautiful! Sure, the ending was a little meh... But hey! I just stick with the indoctrination theory instead :P

I'd love the next game to be based around the first contact war, that aspect of the story always fascinated me.

From the way they worded some of the questions in the survey and the available answers, I have a horrible feeling it might be some sort of MMO hybrid.

Plus if you buy the collector's edition, you get a cosplay kit to wear whilst doing the game. (Why on earth did they want to know that?!)

One thing I'm fairly confident about is the multiplayer should be fantastic, if they improve from ME3MP. If the story flops I'll likely still buy it for the multiplayer. :D

Must be one of the few who loved all 3 and thought it was great that all 3 linked in well with each other. The whole import profile/character so you could play all 3 together as a complete package was great. I'm probably also one of the few who didn't mind the ending of the trilogy.

Really looking forward to 4.

Personally, I thought they didn't link particularly well.

Killing or saving the rachni queen in ME1 had no overall effect in ME3. Destroying or saving the collector base in ME2 had no overall effect in ME3 either.

I thought Mass Effect 3 was fairly solid, until the last part of the game. The ending was a total mess and the whole "gathering war assets" part of the game counted for nothing. It should have been more like the "suicide mission" from ME2, where the more you do during the game, the better you do at the end and the more that survive.

I thought it was poor in pretty much every area except Rannoch and Tuchunka. Everything else is is very poorly written. The first bit on Earth is some of the most amatuerish stuff you will ever see, with appalling dialogue, things that make no sense, THAT kid....Tuchunka and Rannoch are two absolutely incredible story arcs that deliver on every aspect though. Some of the best scenes in gaming history imo.

Personally, I thought they didn't link particularly well.

Killing or saving the rachni queen in ME1 had no overall effect in ME3. Destroying or saving the collector base in ME2 had no overall effect in ME3 either.
Yeah - it's almost as if they had no idea about how they would split up the overall story for the three games and blindly made things up as they went along.

Shepard's "death" in the beginning of ME2 and the Crucible in ME3 were both poor methods of bridging the gap.

Instead of a gradual build up to the finale and a strongly linked backbone to the story, we got 3 very good individual games, but none of them seem to be on the same page.

I hope for ME4 they ditch the whole importing save idea and concentrate on making one, solid game.

Last edited:
The first bit on Earth is some of the most amatuerish stuff you will ever see, with appalling dialogue, things that make no sense, THAT kid....

I agree in some respects, but the title sequence cutscene was one of the best I'd seen - it was the most epic and movie-like introduction I've had to a game, and the music was fantastic.

I thought it was poor in pretty much every area except Rannoch and Tuchunka. Everything else is is very poorly written. The first bit on Earth is some of the most amatuerish stuff you will ever see, with appalling dialogue, things that make no sense, THAT kid....Tuchunka and Rannoch are two absolutely incredible story arcs that deliver on every aspect though. Some of the best scenes in gaming history imo.

Didn't it turn out that the kid was
Starchild
?

Hence the mysterious disappearance in the vent.

Everything else is is very poorly written. The first bit on Earth is some of the most amatuerish stuff you will ever see, with appalling dialogue,
Really?
I thought it's one of the best games I've ever played and one of the most engaging stories/sets of characters ever.

If ME is that crap, what do you consider, say, the 3 or 5 best stories in gaming...? Genuine question, btw - If there's something far better, I wanna play it!

Yeah - it's almost as if they had no idea about how they would split up the overall story for the three games and blindly made things up as they went along
Or as if Casey Hudson randomly overrode what had already been written and agreed, instead making his own stuff up that he tacked on over it... inconthievable, eh!

I hope for ME4 they ditch the whole importing save idea and concentrate on making one, solid game.
Supposedly, it will be a whole different cast of characters, so there'll be nothing really to import... aside from perhaps the few choices Shepard made that affected the whole galaxy, of course.

They'll no doubt introduce a heap of DLC and micropayments somehow. It's the future people.
This was the one game I actually didn't mind paying a couple of quid for each DLC... well, the missions anyway and then only because they added a LOT of hours in extra gameplay for me. It wasn't all just 'a new, slightly blacker gun' or 'an extra outfit that does absolutely nothing'...

Really?
I thought it's one of the best games I've ever played and one of the most engaging stories/sets of characters ever.

If ME is that crap, what do you consider, say, the 3 or 5 best stories in gaming...? Genuine question, btw - If there's something far better, I wanna play it!

It really won't be good for my sanity to pick through all the nonsense that is ME3's plot, and the awful dialogue and scenes that happen particularly in the main story parts...I did all this at the time. ME1 and 2 are brilliant games. 3 is shambolic in comparison.

Didn't it turn out that the kid was
Starchild
?

Hence the mysterious disappearance in the vent.

I believed that for a very long time(still do in a way), but it turns out he is just a really poor attempt at emotional depth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom