****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

There was another thing about the series that bugged me.

Presumably those statue things with the long fingers and tentacled chins on Ilos were the Protheans. Yet in ME2/3 that all went out of the window when they decided the Collectors were the Protheans. :rolleyes:

Retcon tbh - in ME1 they hinted at them being Protheans. Then they changed this to being a previous species (Inusannon) on Ilos, and the Protheans simply colonised over the ancient remains of that civilisation.

Probably done because Collectors and Javik with tentacle faces would not look "badass" either as enemies to fight or an ally, and also probably not be easy to model/animate.

Well I never knew that. Is their name mentioned in the games? Or some other medium? I thought I'd uncovered every last morsel of info.

I copied and pasted this:

The Inusannon are mentioned by Javik in ME3 during one of the various conversations you can have with him, as the former inhabitants of Ilos and the species that resulted in the Protheans developing Mass Effect based technologies.

Got all 3 but only played the first i got up to a certain point and the stopped, then lost my saves and didnt bother playing more. If i could get some saves maybe id continue again as it wasnt a bad game tho felt it dragged on in places. Shame cos i loved the kotor games which followed the same style as ME games did.

Lol i just googled on off chance there was some out there. Thing is i have no idea what my character was like so dunno what one to pick.

I think i got up to this research facility where u drive this thing to i think i either did the facility and when and drove back or half way through, i know i was one of them protector things tho as i passed that bit at the citadel.

A Spectre?

If you were finding it a drag, then it was probably the Mako sections...There are LOTS of those, so you might be better off skipping right to Mass Effect 2.

That is a bit more action-orientated.

I'm not looking forward to the £49.99 Origin exclusive price...
ME3 came out in June or some such, at £35 for the deluxe edition and by November of the same year you could get the game for £10 and a £5 add-on that gave you all the deluxe stuff with nothing missing that I could tell.
Same offer is still up there right now - £35 for the full package, or £15 for the exact same package but in two parts... insane!!!:eek:

I need to play ME3 again. I never found Jacob!
Oh well.... :D

Hmm maybe i should just start on ME 2 then. Shame i quite liked exploring and talking to ppl in ME1 tho the combat was a bit weak and the weapons i had were rubbish and kept overheating, not too fun..

Shame ME games wernt moddable, a sw or trek mod or heck b5 mod would have been amazing to play on them games.

Anyone with the skill to do that kind of modding of ME (basically a total conversion) would probably be able to implement the game on the Unreal Engine anyhow without using ME as a base.

Hmm maybe i should just start on ME 2 then. Shame i quite liked exploring and talking to ppl in ME1 tho the combat was a bit weak and the weapons i had were rubbish and kept overheating, not too fun..
I honestly think the combat holds up well in ME tbh. Oh, and I personally love the mako sections. Overall it is definitely the best experience of the 3.

The mako sections sum up bioware perfectly. People complain about the handling and the reused environments, so do they improve them?.... No, they remove them completely. When people ask why there weren't any vehicle sections in me 2, they say it is too difficult to implement!... So they are incapable of doing something they could do 3 years earlier.

Get the Origins DLC or whatever it is and implement the key decisions of your choice from ME1, else it seems a bit... off.

You can alwys find a save form mesavefiles and alter it with that program who's name escapes me at the moment. You can pretty much modify everything, including giving yourself as many resources as you want so you don't have to do any mining if you want.

It was called gibbed save editor I think.

You can alwys find a save form mesavefiles and alter it with that program who's name escapes me at the moment. You can pretty much modify everything, including giving yourself as many resources as you want so you don't have to do any mining if you want.

It was called gibbed save editor I think.
Yeah this is a great tool - can either use the ME2 version on a final ME2 save and edit ME1 plot flags (then reimport into new game plus), or use the ME3 version and edit flags directly on a new game (no need to have an existing save IIRC).

Back
Top Bottom