• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** MASSIVE PRICE DROP ON VEGA UNTIL JUNE 30th: VEGA 56 £450 & VEGA 64 £550 !! ***

Caporegime
Yea. Vega56 should really be £350-£360 and Vega64 would need to be £420~£450 to even worth considering in this stage in time as we are already half-way through 2018 already, and these cards (as well as 1070/1080) are really 2016 performance strictly speaking...

If spending £550+ this late into the gen, a graphic card should really be at least 1080Ti level performance minimum to be honest (shame the graphic card market got crapped over by the mining craze).

Nope, they shouldn't even be that....

56 - £300
64 - £350

Why are people still so happy to be paying the same price or dearer for performance that we have had for 2 years now..... :o

Associate

56 - £300
64 - £350

Why are people still so happy to be paying the same price or dearer for performance that we have had for 2 years now..... :o

That was the case with the 1070 until recent price drops (980 Ti for £550 had that performance 3 years ago, or indeed the 1070 itself 2 years ago).

Soldato

56 - £300
64 - £350

Not "happy", the £350 for Vega56 and £450 for Vega64 I mention wasn't meant as the pricing for biting, but merely as the bare minimum price point that it would have be at to even have any remote chance of even worth "considering".

At the current pricing, it's not even at the price level that should even be considered, but should just be ignored after one look :rolleyes:

OcUK Staff
OP
Not "happy", the £350 for Vega56 and £450 for Vega64 I mention wasn't meant as the pricing for biting, but merely as the bare minimum price point that it would have be at to even have any remote chance of even worth "considering".

At the current pricing, it's not even at the price level that should even be considered, but should just be ignored after one look :rolleyes:

Thankfully they are proving quite popular at these prices as 61 units sold so far today. :)

Caporegime
Well it is good to see how many idiots there are that are happy to pay these prices.

If I buy a GPU, it's going to be from the MM as that way I avoid paying into the system for what is essentially just one big fat milking industry now.

Yea but how many of the people bought them are gamers though...

And this.

Most likely miners.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yea but how many of the people bought them are gamers though...

There is clearly a few judging by the amount of single unit orders going through. :)
End of the day you may think the price is poor, but out there in the real world a Vega 56 at £450 and a 64 at £550 is typically around £100 cheaper than most competitors so in the grand scheme and current climate our pricing is fantastic on Vega. :)

Soldato
So many people judging the buyers while declaring no interest.

You'll have them crying into wads of banknotes as they spend £500+ on something for casual entertainment or maybe business.

Soldato
Vega is likely going to have decent legs for the DX12/Vulkan era. That still doesn't mean it's a good deal in absolute terms at £500 (given what "old tech" 10 series has offered for years). But IMO it is not clear cut insanity/idiocy, as people are glibly making out, for us FreeSync users to buy this product.

Associate
Vega is likely going to have decent legs for the DX12/Vulkan era. That still doesn't mean it's a good deal in absolute terms at £500 (given what "old tech" 10 series has offered for years). But IMO it is not clear cut insanity/idiocy, as people are glibly making out, for us FreeSync users to buy this product.

Indeed and adding the free far cry 5 it's another 40 quid saving on top of it.
Without all of the rumors of the 11 series cards I would have plunged :).

Soldato
@ Gibbo or anyone else with knowledge, is the Sapphire VEGA 64 - 3 pin or 2 pin power?

Sure on the reviews I have seen 3 pin, but pic shows 2.

Also does the Gigabyte card have any LED RGB lights?
Sapphire is just two connectors.
Gigabyte has no RGB, does have a backplate.

Cheers Gibbo, will go for the Sapphire.

Any chance of a Far Cry 5 code with it?
I've added the game, might take a few hours to take effect so wait until end of day until ordering.

Cheers Gibbo, I missed this post. I ordered after your first reply. Will ask in CS section and hope they take pity on me and give me a code :)

l0z

l0z

Associate
Sorely tempted by a V64 for rendering. Ordinarily I wouldn't spend £500+ on a card, but it's the company's money not mine I guess. Is there much point opening a business account with OCUK?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Well it is good to see how many idiots there are that are happy to pay these prices.

If I buy a GPU, it's going to be from the MM as that way I avoid paying into the system for what is essentially just one big fat milking industry now.

Pretty much what I did this time around. I was on a GTX 970 which I paid £270 for on launch. I was waiting for the 1070 or AMD equivalent, which I was willing to spend up to £300 on. Then I saw the 1070 prices on launch, and instead of being weak and stumping up the extra money - I didn't.

I was determined to pay under £300 for 1070 performance, so I bought a 980Ti for £210 on the MM

Back
Top Bottom