Materazzi Insult to Zidane.

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
Dunno about chinning him, but that was one mighty headbut :eek:.

It sure was!

Replay:
25115a0c552a9a23bbc1d8b6c8c237fd11f11c0b.gif

Soldato
duc999 said:
Imagine you just watched your best friend die of cancer and some idiot said to you during a game ' I hope he suffered ' what would you do ??

I'd probably laugh in his face and say "Nice try"

Why should the words of a stranger affect me one bit ?

I'm not saying I agree with the baiting with words, but there's is indeed still a line and Zidane crossed it.
Words don't = assault.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Moonpie2 said:
I'd probably laugh in his face and say "Nice try"

Why should the words of a stranger affect me one bit ?

I'm not saying I agree with the baiting with words, but there's is indeed still a line and Zidane crossed it.
Words don't = assault.
Yo say that now but you play what would possibly be a frustrating game with pressure from the entire country of France and the rest of other fans in the world. Also knowing that your mum is seriously ill and had just gotten worse that morning, Then you have some little Italian slagging you off and probably pushing you around for 80 minutes and saying he hoped your best friend suffered when he died.
How would you act then?
I can see why he nutted him and TBH i would have probably done the same.

You cant say you would laugh if you would laugh it off.
I dont think many people would laugh it off, but then again you're perfect and cool as a cucumber every second of your life.

Man of Honour
I can't believe the crap people are spouting in this thread.
Zidane gets paid more money a week than we'll see in ten years and no amount of insults should make him waver from his job.
He should have hammered Materazzi in the tunnel or bided his time.
Zidane is a fool and knows it.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I can't believe the crap people are spouting in this thread.
Zidane gets paid more money a week than we'll see in ten years and no amount of insults should make him waver from his job.
He should have hammered Materazzi in the tunnel or bided his time.
Zidane is a fool and knows it.

Just because he earns a **** load of money doesnt mean he is super human and things dont effect him

Associate
Regardless i think the insults to materazzi should at least wait until we know what was said. He is being blamed for everything from laughing at a cancer death, insulting zidanes family, calling him a terrorist, calling his mum a terrorist...etc

You have no idea what was said and it will be Zidane's word (trying to salvage his reputation by exaggerating what was said) Vs. Materazzi (denying anything he may have said). It doesnt matter. What matter is that Zidane should have kept his head. He didnt and paid the price. It doesnt matter that Materazzi made bad challenges in the past. Should other teams be free to stamp on rooney or slide him out badly because he did it this WC??

Zidane is a great player and a true legend of the game. He also has a history of being violent on the pitch and regardless of what was said yesterday he shouldnt have reacted like that. He got himself sent off and maybe France would have walked away winners if he hadnt (then he really would have been the bigger man and someone to admire as a role-model).

Back
Top Bottom