Materazzi Insult to Zidane.

Man of Honour
I'm sorry but regardless of what Materazzi said to ZZ, he should have been mature and responsible enough to take it. Otherwise he had no right to deserve the honour and responsibility of the national sides’ captaincy.

I tell my own kids off for retaliating physically to verbal abuse. As an ambassador to football, what sort of message does this give out to youngsters? He should be ashamed of himself.

I have much admiration for Zidane. Not just for his football skills but for his leadership skills and his influence of players around him. He is twice the player that Beckham is. Therefore, I’d expect a man and player of his statue to behave as one of the best players in the world, not like a monkey from Sunday league

Man of Honour
leaskovski said:
Yeah, your right ZZ shouldnt have done what he did, but if it turns out that Mazda did say a racist comment, then he too should get linched by Fifa.

I don't think it's racism tbh.. :rolleyes:

it's just rude and ignorant behaviour which can't be proven otherwise.

Last edited:
Associate
leaskovski said:
ROFL! 'game', 'what', and 'where you watching' comes to mind. :)

Exactly. Toni's goal was offside and France were better for a majority of the match. Wasn't really much in it though.

Zidane shouldn't have reacted as he did, seems pretty simple to me. I don't think the incident detracts from my opinion of him though, he's still probably the best player of the last 10 years for me.

The Matrix is rubbish, but his general demeanour does make laugh.

Associate
So many people on these boards are Anti-Italian is laughable, one things for sure guys we won the world cup again and you can only dream of it, your comments about Italy will never bother us as we love our team and what they did for us. Just get over the fact that Italy are so much better than England and comment from a neutral base, we applaud Marco and Zidane is a violent immature disgraceful excuse for a player, better get back to celebrating ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA :D

Associate
M@rco said:
So many people on these boards are Anti-Italian is laughable, one things for sure guys we won the world cup again and you can only dream of it, your comments about Italy will never bother us as we love our team and what they did for us. Just get over the fact that Italy are so much better than England and comment from a neutral base, we applaud Marco and Zidane is a violent immature disgraceful excuse for a player, better get back to celebrating ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA :D

I'm pro-Italian. I have a question for you though, being Italian (as I assume you are), why is Materazzi nicknamed "Matrix"?

I find your comments about Zidane/the Matrix hypocritical; Zidane is violent, and you applaud Materazzi, but wasn't he suspended for punching someone during a match?

Associate
Its always implied some people just cant take they're hat off to our team and say congratulations, fortunatly not all english people are like some on these forums and after the match all the english in the pub that we watched the game in came up to around the 40 italians in there and began to shake their hands and congratulate us even though they were supporting France :p There was an even more beautiful moment where one guy came up to my cousin and thanked him for bringing all the Italians in the pub and said you have shown me what it is to be a football fan and from now on he would support Italy as much as England, he was nearly in tears when we won. Beautiful moment :D

Associate
sinister_stu said:
I'm pro-Italian. I have a question for you though, being Italian (as I assume you are), why is Materazzi nicknamed "Matrix"?

I find your comments about Zidane/the Matrix hypocritical; Zidane is violent, and you applaud Materazzi, but wasn't he suspended for punching someone during a match?

I am biased, i dont care :p i applaud Materazzi because he played for a world cup winning side and is a hero, i dont care what he did in the past, truth be told i didnt particulary like him before the tournament but hes a hero now and proved himself. Zidane was completly out of order and was a disgrace for his whole team and let his own nation down FORZA ITALIA

Permabanned
i think most england fans dont like the Italians because they started 'gamesmanship' ie cheating and other countries now have taken it further.Also during the hooligan period the italians and english prob had the strongest rivalry, prior to heysel (year before) the scouse fans and other english fans got showered with poo and were generally treated like poo too, which led to the disgraceful and tragic events of heysel :(

Materazzi is a pretty dirty player anyway so im not surprised he was at the centre of it all.

I know we dont like the word hate on these forums, but i cant stand the italians in a footballing sense, they are the most racist bunch of supporters i have ever come across, mind you i dont get along with them in a business sense either!

Plus they play crap football, boring defensive crap.

Associate
If you remove all of the cheating teams then England won the world cup.

What Zidane did to Materazzi is GBH, and he should be punished in a court of law. Same with Figo and some of the others - make them think twice about doing it again. Oh, and also while we are at it, football players should be able to be punished by Fifa after watching the video replays i.e. Ronaldo's dives should earn him a 5-match ban at the least if not death by firing squad ;) .
Last but not least, don't have penalty shootouts - if after extra time the scores are equal, the team that goes through should be the one with the least red/yellow cards (as long as they punish the blatent diving).

Oh and don't pay them for playing football - kicking a ball around is not exactly hard work, and its certainly not value for money (the England team especially). :D

Soldato
Kerplunk said:

Taken from that article

BBC Radio Five Live asked for help from a deaf lip reader, Jessica Rees, who read the words phonetically to an Italian translator.

She deciphered the insult as being "you're the son of a terrorist whore" - a translation also carried by many national newspapers in Britain on Tuesday.

And....

He then accused him of being a "liar" and wished "an ugly death to you and your family" on the day the Frenchman's mother had been taken to hospital ill. This was followed by "Go **** yourself".

What a charmer :mad:

Man of Honour
Some of you make me laugh about the fact that France didn’t deserve to loose because they played better than Italy.

Hmm no they didn’t because if they had of done, it wouldn’t have been 1:1 at full time and after extra time

I think some of you are forgetting that playing well or playing better than the other side doesn’t always win you matches. There is one key element you are all missing.

Luck..

Crikky some of Arsenal fans out there should know a thing or two about that. :p

The fact whether Italy didn't play as good as France is irrelevant. They won and that was that.

Associate
I tell you what ill leave you all to comment about Marco and be bitter and unable to say that we deserved it becuase we did we played so of the best football of the World Cup without and a doubt and well carry on celebrating, Mr Tommo, Nedved and other Italians hope you had a fantastic time and carry on celebrating. :p

Soldato
Guys can we stay on topic please. If you wanna talk about how france gave the italians the run around or how the italians put up a great defense, then go do it in the WC-Final thread. please..... :D

Back
Top Bottom