Mattresses - I need knowledge

alx

alx

Soldato
What's the largest-width bed available to get? It looks like a Super King is only longer than a King, not wider. I remember staying in a hotel in Indiana that had an awesome wide bed.. it felt like two doubles (but it was one bed!).. but the King doesn't look that much wider.

In the UK super king is 180cm wide vs a king which is 150cm. Both are the same length at 200cm. :)

Soldato
Wow. It's arrived and it's very thick ;)

Just a question, what is the turning (flip and rotate) schedule for these John Ryan pocket spring mattresses ?

We have a 40cm divan and with a mattress protector and topper the bed is very high lol laughable even haha

Last edited:
Soldato
We try and do ours every 6 months when we remember but we've gone longer and not noticed any difference.

And yeah, they're awesomely thick. When staying away it makes other beds feel like a camping mat.

Soldato
dude, the bed is now higher than the baby cot!

looking at Divans they all are about 40cm high, so unless i try find a shorter one with no drawers , ikea?

my wife walks into the room and just laughs haha

ive left the inner plastic on and will leave on for a while until we are 100% sure we like it

has a good night sleep though

we have a feather topper and waterproof (kids) protector on so makes it extra deliciously comfy

Soldato
Tempted with the origins pocket 1500 or the origins pocket latex 1500

We're quite used to put aging orthopaedic mattress and John Ryan say the latex would suit us better as it will me more firmer than the non Latex version

Russ how do you find yours? Is medium ok, don't find it too soft?

We've just ordered the Latex 1500, we both like firmer mattresses so it seemed like the way to go. Just hoping it arrives in a couple of weeks otherwise we're sleeping on an awful futon when we move. :p

Soldato
dude, the bed is now higher than the baby cot!

looking at Divans they all are about 40cm high, so unless i try find a shorter one with no drawers , ikea?

my wife walks into the room and just laughs haha

ive left the inner plastic on and will leave on for a while until we are 100% sure we like it

has a good night sleep though

we have a feather topper and waterproof (kids) protector on so makes it extra deliciously comfy

Divans are much higher than normal bed frames. Stick it on a normal bed frame and it'll look fine. Granted you probably don't want to change your bed but the mattress is far more important than the frame! Our old flat with two of their mattresses:

utYIZbL.jpg
VX5myLD.jpg

Soldato
Millbrook.

Will be changing my mattress over the next year or 2 once the dog has gone an will be dropping a few quid on something special

Soldato
Not sure if this has been mentioned in here but these mattresses from John Ryan are extra deep, where are people picking up extra deep fitted sheets from?

Seen them in Debenhams for about £20-£25+ a sheet but figuring there must be somewhere to get them for a bit cheaper.

Anyone any good sources?

Soldato
Not sure if this has been mentioned in here but these mattresses from John Ryan are extra deep, where are people picking up extra deep fitted sheets from?

Seen them in Debenhams for about £20-£25+ a sheet but figuring there must be somewhere to get them for a bit cheaper.

Anyone any good sources?

Did you find any in the end? Having the same problem with finding fitted sheets to fit my JR mattress and don't really want to pay a fortune for them.

Associate
Did you find any in the end? Having the same problem with finding fitted sheets to fit my JR mattress and don't really want to pay a fortune for them.

This for me as well.

Bought a pair from Asda's premium range, they were okay for a bit but now the don't fit all around.

Had to buy a pair from John Lewis for about £50 quid and they fit lovely! (Both fitted and flat sheets)

If anyone knows of anywhere with good quality deep sheets it would be great!

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a better alternative to this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70258727/

Moving into a new house (first time, so having to buy everything at once) and strapped for cash, so can't really afford a proper mattress, just after something to tide us over for a while.

EDIT: Are these worth the extra?

http://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Product/Sareer-Cool-Blue-1000-Pocket-Memory-Mattress-P1472

http://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Product/Silentnight-Vilana-Limited-Edition-Miracoil-Mattress-P1048

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone recommend a better alternative to this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70258727/

Moving into a new house (first time, so having to buy everything at once) and strapped for cash, so can't really afford a proper mattress, just after something to tide us over for a while.

I picked up a giant slab of memory foam from eBay (check pickup only for good deals!) for £12. I've cut it to double bed size, and it's currently my mattress, and has been fantastic.

Soldato
That sounds horrendous! Haha :p

Specifically looking at spring mattresses/spring+foam. I'm not a fan of just memory foam. Feels weird.

I honestly thought that it would be, but I've been sleeping brilliantly. It's only a temporary solution, I'm currently moving cities with work every six months or so, and the mattress at my current flat was atrocious. I don't want the hassle of lugging a proper one around with me though, so decided to pick up something disposable!

Permabanned
I'm convinced by the quality of the product offered by John Ryan. But how do i convince the Mrs that we should order a mattress without having first 'tried' it?

Back
Top Bottom