Max's Training Log - 1 Year On

Ok, I will find some info on what oakcakes I could get away with.

Could ditch the pre-workout shake and up the meat at lunchtime?

If I had say 250g of chicken at lunch and both shakes, my protein intake would be more like 225g a day, is that a bit overkill?

depends on how much you think you need it :) my body usuaaly aches for days from workouts...i eat lots protein 200+ daily. i can post my daily intakes if you want in 5 minutes....i eat very basic, straight to the point most of the time.

This is what I try stick too (not always easy)...left side..non work out days, right work days

35lf8cy.jpg

when lowering cals i tend just take out the rice at lunch and dinner, and replace a little with a bit more fat based foods, salads and veg. If I dont east that exactly...its general the same in replcement..ie..chicken/salmon for tuna etc. I dont count Salad and veg either.

Can you reupload that link mate, not working here!

With the protein shakes, I won't buy the All In One yet, so my carbs will be a bit lower which isn't a bad thing for me. Will be about 100g a day.

I will take some more pictures on Friday morning (going out for another epic steak in the evening :p) and see what you guys think I need to do.

i think the image hoster was just down...its back. I also am not a bit carb eater...just makes me feel bloaty and tired, hence more protein and fat. Pretty much what i do is try eat more carbs or workout days, and a minimum on non workout days.

Last edited:
Thanks for that toxic :)

Weighed in today, still 13st 12lbs after a pretty damn strict week and 2 HIIT sessions.

I think I am plateauing but am I still a bit heavy to be doing that?

January progress pictures inbound on Friday either way.

Plateau's are pretty random in my experience and do happen once in a while. I always found either a really strict week or the complete opposite fixes it! Take your pick :p. Obviously the latter is a bit more enjoyable, but don't go mad maybe have 2 cheat meals or a cheat day instead of meal.

Funny you should say that, at my sisters house at the moment surrounded by food!

Today I will take a bit of a break and get back on track tomorrow.

Pictures as promised people, avoid if you are eating breakfast :p

Belly looks awful here as my compression shorts were digging in, but what can you do.

January 1st on the left, February 1st on the right. Front and side pictures.

JantoFeb2013_zps7ce3ec76.jpg

JantoFebSide2013_zps0d4e98ec.jpg

Looking great brahj! Definitely time to start getting swole, make sure your prepared for the scale to start moving in the other direction though it can mess with your head for a little while. But then the strength gains appear and its all worth it ;)

This is good news lol, feeling a bit rough recently so upping my food should also clear that up a bit!

Also found this picture the other day, not a good look (May 2010 so not even at my biggest)...

ringtrip_zpsdd863aac.jpg

Over the cold I had, hurrah. Eating is going well too.

Cardio tomorrow so cutting down on the carbs a bit then back to normal Thursday and Friday. Still undecided what to do on the weekends.

Rest day Saturday I think and some more HIIT on Sunday to go with my Wednesday session.

Well I'm 2lb up this morning on last week, I'll be damned if that's all muscle :p

Here's some info on my food intake last week:

Average calorie intake - 2052
Average carb intake - 82.5g
Average protein intake - 196g
Average fat intake - 104g

How does that look? Been aiming for 2500 cals on training days and 1800/2000 on rest and cardio days.

First week in so the results obviously won't be conclusive but is there anything glaringly obvious that needs to change?

I've been tracking my blood sugar all week and had great results all round so I'm going to try up my carbs to 100g and knock the fat down a bit I think...

How have you blood sugar readings been? As you say 1 week is too soon to tell. I can't see pics at work. No issues with eating more carbs IMO - just make sure they're well rounded, complex carbs, they work synergistically with proteins and fats are just good for you anyway.

Fasting levels were hovering around 4.5mmol/L, with the highest level last week being 6.7mmol/L. Technically non-diabetic levels but that's another discussion entirely!

Will aim for around 100g this week and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom