Max's Training Log - 1 Year On

OK just some quick suggestions - again I am no expert

drop the matthersons chicken bites for something like bernard matthews turkey tikka chunks if you want to keep it simple no prep. will give you the following 116/1/2/23 (kcal/c/f/p). They are 100g for £1 at tesco right now and really handy for a quick protein snack. I find these ideal for adding to omlettes also

I'd drop the hot chocolate if I was you but thats just my opinion.

What are you having with the pork mince, hardly an appealing meal in my eyes haha!

Blueberries and yoghurt before bed i'd be tempted to change out for casien protein or whey with water. Similarly I wouldn't use milk in my shakes as that is kcals I would rather use for food but again, personal opinion.

Will make the pork mince into burgers with onion!

Hot choc can be dropped but I think for what's in it its a good compromise.

Good idea on the water instead of milk, will do that.

I need to find some different breakfast ideas, low GI oats or something.

Will make the pork mince into burgers with onion!

Hot choc can be dropped but I think for what's in it its a good compromise.

Good idea on the water instead of milk, will do that.

I need to find some different breakfast ideas, low GI oats or something.

An omlette filled with some sort of lean meat such as chicken and turkey alongside some green veg is really an ideal breakfast. If I could make them for breakfast everyday I would but I don't get on with cooking them in the microwave and obviously don't have a hob at work!

Yeah, agreed. I have some low GI jumbo oats now so I can try those.

Will also have mushrooms on wholemeal toast once a week to mix things up a bit.

Nutrition makes my head explode :p

At the most succesful time of my weight loss early last year losing 3-4lb a week my diet looked like this:

Breakfast - Omlette
Pre Workout - Cereal bar
Post Workout - Squash soup with a pitta bread
Dinner - Low calorie meal of some sort.

Now this goes against lots of research in saying spiking the insulin before workouts hinders fat loss. Yet I was having a cereal bar on the way to the gym.

Every week, on a Monday I would have a bad day including a big white baguette and a curry or a kebab.

I think what I am going to go do is stick to low carb in the day, then "good" carbs in the evening. Then once a week have a blow-out.

Going to continue looking up on carb back-loading and stuff, makes interesting reading.

Pardon the rambling on here, just feel like I need to write it down somewhere :p

Having the cereal bar on your way to the gym is probably not going to be spiking your insulin that much, even less so seeing as it is likely slow carbs, and it would have been taking a good 20 mins or so to even start taking affect.

That old diet just looks like you were eating extremely low amount of cals, and the majority of your carbs would have been dealt with around workout time so their impact on your bodys fat to pull in energy would have been minimal.

You might want to consider carb nite as apposed to carb back loading if your more focused in the fat loss side of things. From the sounds of it you have a good base of low carbs during the day (try non until lunch that's even better :)). Keep at it though, awesome progress so far.

The cereal bar was a Rice Crispy one so fairly high in sugar.

But as you say, I think the reason behind the big loss was very low calorie.

Thinking about trying this plan, leaving say 600 cals for dinner for something sensible giving a bit of variation, then having a cheat day on say a Monday.

Would 1600 cals still be considered a bit low at my weight, how could I add to it in the day without wrecking it.

plan2.jpg

What do we think?

I would say 1600 is low ish considering you could prob sit at around 2k while cutting. Don't be afraid of throwing on a health serving of olive oil on the salad, and maybe even some more nuts. Nothing wrong with good fats :)
2 table spoons of olive oil is arnoud 200 cals

Yep, just made a bottle of it with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar and mustard. Should be nice.

Leaves room for a good healthy 500 cal dinner.

Did some deadlifts today, progressing better now than I did last year so that's good!

Managed

Bar
90 x5
100 x5
120 x5

Next step is to get 150 x5, which is light for most of you lot but oh well :p

Chaps, pending my pictures that I will take next week to show my current size etc.

I think I am nearing the point of wanting to add some muscle on and stop with the weight loss...

I am struggling to keep a sensible diet, bear in mind I eat about 1750cals a day at the moment. I can't have high carb remember so how does something like this look, what else could you add?

plan3.png

looks pretty decent actually now. you can gain from 2500cals! personally..the crackers i would ditch...and use oatcakes. if you need more calories i would up peanut butter to 50g...so thats now 300clas. My normal preworkout meal is 3 oatcakes with 50g peanut butter ...near 500kals.
Add an egg at breakfast. my standard meals consist of 250-300g of chicken or steak mince...which is a lot more calories than what you have in tika chunks or slamon....250g lean mince is about 470kcal for example. If im trying to stay low carb..i also tend to have a meal...chicken and veg say, then have 50g cheddar cheese exrta for a quick 200kals to replace the likes of rice.

Last edited:
Ok, I will find some info on what oakcakes I could get away with.

Could ditch the pre-workout shake and up the meat at lunchtime?

If I had say 250g of chicken at lunch and both shakes, my protein intake would be more like 225g a day, is that a bit overkill?

Back
Top Bottom