McCanns going too far?

your opinion cannot be considered valid if you have nothing to back it up with
It's still a valid opinion, regardless of whether there is any basis in fact or even common sense. That's the definition of an opinion.

Indeed, the arguments coming from your side of the debate also seem to stem from a personal belief rather than anything set in stone. AFAIK, there is nothing written down anywhere about the length of time / distance / age that children can legally be left alone. How do you know that your parenting technique is good? It's an area of education that is sorely lacking, and it shows. (Not from anyone in particular, but society in general).

My opinion is that the McCanns shouldn't have left their children alone. They should at least have had a babysitter (though it's dubious as to how good parenting leaving your kids with a complete stranger is), but ideally they should have taken it in turns to stay nearby. In the end, they made a mistake which was down to lack of common sense and poor education.

as we've already gone through; dyslexia is considered a non-excuse on this forum :D

offtopic.gif

:p

i ment that the earyler posts made by "scorza" i read as personal attacks on me and other members

I refute that - please provide quotes of me personally attacking someone?

I've never made a personal attack on anyone in this thread today. I can only recall one occasion when I lost control and did make a personal attack on someone which was dealt with by the dons.

We have to entertain ourselves while we wait for scorza to come back:p

*edit: win!

he's back \o/

i'm dyslexic too, but i seem to have taught myself out of it for the most part, still, there are words i can not use on the internet (because i'm crap at spelling some words) which i use fine in normal conversation

and i don't use FF or IE7 spellcheck, mainly because it doesn't work :(

Last edited:
he's back \o/

i'm dyslexic too, but i seem to have taught myself out of it for the most part, still, there are words i can not use on the internet (because i'm crap at spelling some words) which i use fine in normal conversation

and i don't use FF or IE7 spellcheck, mainly because it doesn't work :(

The spell check ain't great but there's google for those words :)

Most of the time i just get horrible blocks if i stop for a second to try and think how to spell the word, and then can't spell even simple common words at all :(

Back
Top Bottom