McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
The McDs about 5 mins walk from me is closed for 8 weeks for renovation. How are parents going to cope with the place closed for the first four weeks of the school holidays?

There’s a delivery kitchen nearby to fuel the Deliveroo and competitors customers. Only open to couriers and staff

Commissario
Wifey brought me home a double quarter pounder with cheese (no pickle) at lunchtime today, gave it a quick 30 second ding and it was proper tasty, albeit veering on just too much meat to bread ratio.

Soldato
Gotta say I quite like the Mc Krispy chicken burger. Just the right amount of heat in the sauce... I find the Mc spicy a little bit too much heat, not that it's too hot for me as I love chilli sauce! But I find it overpowers the rest of the taste of the burger.

Soldato
Gotta say I quite like the Mc Krispy chicken burger. Just the right amount of heat in the sauce... I find the Mc spicy a little bit too much heat, not that it's too hot for me as I love chilli sauce! But I find it overpowers the rest of the taste of the burger.
Love the McSpicy. Gives the Zinger a bit of compo.

Soldato
At a point during lockdown I used McDonalds for delivery a lot as they did free delivery on £5 orders and the prices weren't more than going to store. So three flurries and two apple pies delivered went down a treat.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For me, one of the best I've had and the OH enjoyed as well, was the Signature burger.
Shame they stopped doing it.
It was a nice burger but it just didn’t sell well. People were still more interested in the classic stuff like Big Macs and quarters
Love the McSpicy. Gives the Zinger a bit of compo.
Zinger is still better imo. And KFC have the best mayo for the fillet burgers. I wish you could buy it. There’s long been a rumour that it’s a dressing called Miracle whip by Kraft Foods, but you can’t get it in the uk

Soldato
It was a nice burger but it just didn’t sell well. People were still more interested in the classic stuff like Big Macs and quarters

Zinger is still better imo. And KFC have the best mayo for the fillet burgers. I wish you could buy it. There’s long been a rumour that it’s a dressing called Miracle whip by Kraft Foods, but you can’t get it in the uk

Soldato
What unique burgers do you guys remember having from oversea's Mcdonalds?

I had a wasabi double fillet o fish many years ago from HK mcD.
It was different but definitely not a replacement for tartare Fillet

Associate
As with most McDonalds, it needs more sauce.

they also need to bring back the hot dog.
I've had the Hat-Trick burger twice now, the first time it was caked in ketchup (removed mustard) and it was actually very good, had it again a few days ago and it came with barely any ketchup this time and was just too dry.

But overall, the Hat-Trick burger is probably one of the best special burgers they've had for sometime imo.

Soldato
See to me the hat trick burger is just a triple cheeseburger with slightly different patties (think they are 1:8 (maybe 1:6) rather than 1:10 as normal patties are) as the onions dont get put on in enough quantity to make a real difference. I'd still take a Big Mac over it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Gonna get hate here - i have only ever had one Big Mac! Too much bread for me. My go to is the Whopper with cheese.

Hungry now :(
I don’t usually get them. I find they fall apart, maybe due to the middle bit of bread. Bite one side and all the lettuce and stuff falls out the other side.

Back
Top Bottom