McDonald’s general discussion

:)

Trust me, these things make huge profits and the last thing the store owner/manager wants is for it to be out of action, particularly at this time of year.

Presumably they're contracted to use the machines for a long time? Surprised McDonalds don't just buy a different machine or even build their own, they can't be losing out on that much otherwise they would?

Last edited:
Presumably they're contracted to use the machines for a long time? Surprised McDonalds don't just buy a different machine or even build their own, they can't be losing out on that much otherwise they would?
I think practically there are only so many manufactures that can build and support what they need, the products are designed around these machines at the end of the day.

IIRC they also use machines from Carpigiani and Taylor, although the stores that I worked in all used Taylor machines.

Not looking forward to the McDs reopening on Wednesday near me. There will be queues despite having 6 McDs within 5 miles in various directions. It’s the same bloody food….

It’s halfway between my parents and mine if I go the most shortest route. Have to go the long way round to avoid the queues.

I miss the hat-trick burger it was divine!

Hope it comes back someday. The onions on it just hit different.
Cant recall trying that, Although i love their Spicy nuggets and each time they come back they're only around for a short while then they stop them again!
Just keep them on the menu!!!
If anything i don't think Mcds have enough choice, Its always the same crap on the menu or if they bring some new fancy burger out its basically some tweaked version of a big mac or a different bun with no real thoughts into creating something new!

Yeah true. The main burgers here seem a lot better though. I've actually eaten a lot more McDonalds since we arrived and i think a factor is that they actually seem to be enjoyable vs the UK where it's a lottery as to the quality of burger/chips

I wish Maccies would do an egg burger. My favourite burgers have always been egg burgers with fried onions from burger vans.

The weird thing is that they do actually do them in Spain so I don't know why they don't do them here. I had one when I was in Spain and Gibraltar last month and it was pretty good.

McRib is coming back soon.

Actually coming to the UK? I hope so. I also had one of these in Spain as they're over there at the moment. They're a permanent menu item in Germany too so I always make sure I grab one whenever I'm there. They seemed a bit tight with the BBQ sauce on my Spanish one though, whereas in Germany whenever I've had one it's been absolutely drowned in it.

Annoyingly in Spain they now do a cheese and bacon McRib which they of course brought in a while after I was there. I wouldn't mind trying that.

Last edited:
Driving through Wiltshire yesterday we stopped in the Melksham branch last night and the person on the drive through, instead of saying ‘hello can I take your order’ said to everyone ‘have you ordered on the app today’?

Hopefully this was a mistake/one off/a Wiltshire ‘thing’ and it’s not now an unnecessary question to stumble past before you place your order!

I hate using apps other than google maps!

Driving through Wiltshire yesterday we stopped in the Melksham branch last night and the person on the drive through, instead of saying ‘hello can I take your order’ said to everyone ‘have you ordered on the app today’?

Hopefully this was a mistake/one off/a Wiltshire ‘thing’ and it’s not now an unnecessary question to stumble past before you place your order!

I hate using apps other than google maps!
I get asked that at every drive through I've been to in the last year or more. It must be a chain wide policy.

I think there will be a move to restaurants where you can only order via the app.

I hope it doesn’t become a thing because it’s just a daft question to have to say no to!

Everyone in the line yesterday said no as well but I will concede apps may not have reached Melksham yet ;)

Back
Top Bottom