McDonald’s general discussion

Some fetes have their burgers supplied by a local butcher or a local farm has a stand cooking its own burgers and sausages. If its from a sweaty greasy looking burger van, they a Russian roulette how bad/great they can be. Usually its the former.

The worst burgers anyone can buy are Birds Eye or those economy burgers - 16 for £1.50. I rather eat a burnt piece of cardboard thanks.
Yes the burger was sourced locally from a very high quality place, I suppose I was just surprised because I did enjoy the McDees quarter pounder but then had my eyes (re)opened!!!

I'm surprised you still go to McDonald's, given that most of your posts in this thread are just complaints about the place.
Now at the risk of complaining again….

Let’s start with a positive, no let’s do a **** sandwich ;)

when I went through the empty drive through earlier this morning It was great that I wasn’t asked if I’d ordered on the app. Oddly I wasn’t asked anything for a good 2 mins and at the point of driving round to the payment window to see where everyone was a voice sparked over the intercom saying what can I get you. Breakfast roll ordered.

10 minutes for a simple order with no queue and I was in a rush was annoying but standard for my local. I was almost looking forward to the excuse which when it came I just smiled, thanked him for my order and drove off.

The breakfast roll was very nice:D

Oh the excuse? …They had to cook it!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Total ****. They could have got that out to you in under 5 mins, even starting from scratch.

The longest element that needs to be cooked is the eggs if they don’t have any ready, they take about 3-4 mins to crack and cook a batch of 16 if they are literally starting from nothing. They should have cracked eggs pre-staged ready to drop on the grill. They keep cooked eggs for 20 mins in the holding cabinet and nearly every product has it, all the best sellers do. Pretty much every food order has one in so they should always have them on the go.

The sausage is done in 60 seconds and you can do that while the eggs are cooking. They can keep cooked sausage for an hour in the holding cabinet, I can’t see any reason why that would have changed and why they wouldn’t have any good to go for the entire breakfast service.

Total ****. They could have got that out to you in under 5 mins, even starting from scratch.

The longest element that needs to be cooked is the eggs if they don’t have any ready, they take about 3-4 mins to crack and cook a batch of 16 if they are literally starting from nothing. They should have cracked eggs pre-staged ready to drop on the grill. They keep cooked eggs for 20 mins in the holding cabinet and nearly every product has it, all the best sellers do. Pretty much every food order has one in so they should always have them on the go.

The sausage is done in 60 seconds and you can do that while the eggs are cooking. They can keep cooked sausage for an hour in the holding cabinet, I can’t see any reason why that would have changed and why they wouldn’t have any good to go for the entire breakfast service.
It’s not a great branch tbh it’s always a long wait. Real reason is incompetence!

Again imo this boils down to those that can be bothered and those that cannot, with my local being so spot on* I sometimes expect a small service charge :D

* Yes they are human and sometimes get it wrong, but are quick to make amends and apologise.

Not had a McDonald's for ages but popped into one in Crawley the other day and it wasn't bad. Had a Big Mac meal, the burger was fresh and they've changed their buns now. Still the prices are ridiculous now.

70's menu and prices, cheaper to take away too back the!

t6fc1hx37t871.jpg

Still is, Greggs is cheaper to take away due to it.
Isn't that only because what Greggs sell is mostly exempt/zero rated if bought as a standalone item to take away, e.g. a pasty doesn't have VAT on it but if it comes with other services like a table to sit at and someone to clean it after you, it becomes standard rate.

Where as pretty much everything (bar a few exceptions) are standard rate at McD's anyway.

Had a weird experience at my local branch of ‘sorry it’s late’ today.

Not only was my sausage and egg McMuffin on time but it was incredibly delicious, crispy and cooked to (my) perfection.

Isn't that only because what Greggs sell is mostly exempt/zero rated if bought as a standalone item to take away, e.g. a pasty doesn't have VAT on it but if it comes with other services like a table to sit at and someone to clean it after you, it becomes standard rate.

Where as pretty much everything (bar a few exceptions) are standard rate at McD's anyway.

Wasnt it that hot food attracts VAT? So if you sit in it will defo be hot and attract VAT but if its takeaways its not actually sold as hot food?

I know that was the original issue but that was years ago so maybe the law changed to stop them getting around it.

Wasnt it that hot food attracts VAT? So if you sit in it will defo be hot and attract VAT but if its takeaways its not actually sold as hot food?

I know that was the original issue but that was years ago so maybe the law changed to stop them getting around it.
That was something separate and still is a thing.

Hot food does attract VAT but Greggs won their case on the basis that their products are not sold ‘hot’ (or kept hot once cooked). It’s only hot if you are happen to be lucky enough to rock up when they come out of the oven and they argued that was incidental and they won.

I don’t think that applies to stuff kept in the hot cabinet they have, I’d say that has vat on it.

Eating in always comes with service so it’s has VAT regardless I think.

Back
Top Bottom