Mens Long Hair

Soldato
Grew mine long and to be fair I pulled 28764286 times more than usual. Got some stick for it too but that didn't bother me, if you like it, you have it, if you don't then cut it, simple! I've gone back to short now, 3years of hair started to annoy me in the hot kitchen in which I work.

PS it does take a while to grow and look good, you always have that awkward inbetween stage where it looks like a sack of ****. Keep trimming it to encourage quick growth.

PPS, any guy who tells you long hair makes you a puff is either unsure of his sexuality or overcompensating his machismo because he has a complex about the his genital size ;)

Soldato
I have long hair and I love it :D

Can be a pain sometimes but I know a lot of people who have short hair who spend more time on it than I do on mine :eek:

Been growing it for over 2 years now and the only real problems I ever had were when it looked like id stuck a mop on me head lol. But as the hair got longer it became easier to manage. Now I am at the point where in the morning I just give it a quick brush and im done.

Im the guy on the left.

meandjackSmall.jpg

SiriusB

Permabanned
big_white_dog84 said:
If you have an employer or any desire to be taken seriously by society do not have long hair.

I got employed as a project manager by BT Major Business at the age of 19 looking like this:

baldy13dq.jpg

You'll have to excuse the pics; they're being trawled from the depths of my H: drive (I just add new ones when they run out on here...) so they're not exactly choice pics...

penskigoingtomeeeenoooooose3bb.jpg

Reality: 1, big_white_dog_84: 0

*n

Soldato
i used to have long hair in school: bad idea!
had long hair in college: got quite a bit of attention from the ladies, said they loved it.
had long hair at the beginning of uni: got some more attention from the ladies, but i had a gf so it didnt matter

last october i felt like a change and had it all cut off, suddenly i dont get so much attention from women, which annoys me cause i'm single now! so i'm growing it long again, its at that stage where nothing can be done with it, but i'm living with it to get it long again.

Penski, you kinda look like darren from system of a down in that 2nd pic.

Soldato
MY boss in my last job actually suggested I grow my hair long again (apparently I looked like a **** with it short) so I did, having only cut it because I got some GRP resin in it :(.
If you keep it tidy in work situations most employers dont really care, provided you are good at your job why would they?.
Now its at the length where a quick brush and tying it is all it needs in the morning, which is better than 15minutes infront of a mirror with gels and other nasties :D
oh, and a lot of ladies do like it (Though it can be annoying when they want to plait it after sex :|)

Associate
big_white_dog84 said:
If you have an employer or any desire to be taken seriously by society do not have long hair.

I have an employer, and long hair and have never had any trouble being taken seriously by them, my colleagues, any of the firms clients (I work for a very traditional law firm) or anyone else I've met business wise during the time I've worked here. I've never had my hair been mentioned as a problem in any job interview I've attended either.

I agree with penski - What you have said is utter tosh.

*edit*

Also just seen your second post about society not taking people with long hair seriously either. I can say I've never had a problem with anyone taking me seriously AT ALL. So what your saying is still rubbish.

Last edited:
Soldato
big_white_dog84 said:
You might have had an employer, but that doesn't mean you were being taken seriously by society.

i dont care if society take me seriously! as long as my work and out of work mates take me seriously, and i'm still getting paid then what difference does it make?

just shows that they're narrow minded if they're so petty they cant take a guy with long hair seriously!

Soldato
Matteh said:
I have an employer, and long hair and have never had any trouble being taken seriously by them, my colleagues, any of the firms clients (I work for a very traditional law firm) or anyone else I've met business wise during the time I've worked here. I've never had my hair been mentioned as a problem in any job interview I've attended either.

I agree with penski - What you have said is utter tosh.

*edit*

Also just seen your second post about society not taking people with long hair seriously either. I can say I've never had a problem with anyone taking me seriously AT ALL. So what your saying is still rubbish.

I think it was just a bit of light banter mate ;)

Back
Top Bottom