Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Had to stump up £150 for a new battery the other week (thankfully not new enough to require and AGM one) so went with for a Varta Silver with a 5 year guarantee. The engine had been a bit sluggish to fire up and just wouldn't restart one day after a short journey and being switched off for about 90 seconds while I jumped out to pick something up quickly.

Put it on charge overnight and it was holding up fine for a couple more weeks but given the age of it - it was the original Mercedes branded battery that had 08/07 stamped on the top of one of the terminals - I figured it was original to the car and long overdue a replacement.

No issues since but that takes the total up to almost £1500 in the past 6 months excluding the £50/month I pay for the Service Plan.

Oh well, I knew owning it wouldn't be cheap but on the rare occasion I can put my foot down a little bit the noise and way it throws me back in the seat can't keep the grin off my face.

Gangster
Associate
I picked up my c63 this weekend and this car scares me. I’m coming from a fiesta which did 0-60 in over 13 seconds. This car is brutal, Even if I lightly touch the acceleration pedal Im easily doing 40mph In a 30 zone.

Soldato
I bought this for my car https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...138812?hash=item2ac67453bc:g:VloAAOSwBKBcgDxd

should stop idiots trying to race me at the lights

Nice addition, I like embarrassing the people who have noisy/big engine cars these days in my 'low end' Hyundai BEV, I can do 0-32 in about 3.2 secs. Makes the nobs in the hot hatches look like utter plonkers, when the best they can do is stay along side. :D

When I had the 220d Coupe people used to think it looked fast so would try to race you, I just let them go, as I preferred saving my fuel.

Caporegime
My Mercedes 2018 E200 estate is going back in less than a month but something I've always wondered is to do with the wheels.

Officially the turning circle is 11.6 metres, but am I right in thinking larger wheels would increase this? Mine came with 20" AMG Alloys.

The reason I ask is that the guide lines on the reversing camera have never been very accurate and perhaps they were set to a car with smaller wheels?

Just wondering if anybody else had this issue?

My previous car was an F11 BMW had a reversing camera and the guidelines were always spot on.

Soldato
I picked up my c63 this weekend and this car scares me. I’m coming from a fiesta which did 0-60 in over 13 seconds. This car is brutal, Even if I lightly touch the acceleration pedal Im easily doing 40mph In a 30 zone.

I've owned an E350 Coupe now for 8 months and that still scares me. I don't think I'd ever want to be behind the wheel of a C63, maybe if I was younger.

Are you really going to put the 220d badge on your car :)

Soldato
Wow that’s quite the step up

not really sure what to say except be careful :D

Caporegime
My S213 E Class is coming up to 3 years old now and Mercedes want several hundred quid to extend all the Me Connect services (that I mostly never even used before covid, let along during it) for another 3 years.

I take it common advice is just to use Android Auto for live traffic and updated maps etc. rather than renew?

Or is there any clever way to obtain and download the maps through alternative (legal) means? I need to extend the warranty too. Is there a way to haggle with them to extend the services as part of this? New territory for me.

Man of Honour
I'm not paying too much attention to the exterior, will need to see it with the C63 styling which is a few months away yet. But that interior...so good

Depending on how good the hybrid engine is, I may very well replace my 2019 C63 with one of these. Despite me saying I'd never ditch the V8 for a 2 litre 4 pot :p

Soldato
The sooner they regulate these daft screens the better. I absolutely detested my 2015 Jag XF for having to have to use the screen to turn on heated seats and it looks to just be getting worse and worse.

Caporegime
The sooner they regulate these daft screens the better. I absolutely detested my 2015 Jag XF for having to have to use the screen to turn on heated seats and it looks to just be getting worse and worse.

Looks pretty clear to me that the button for the heated seats are where they usually are on Mercs - on the doors.

Back
Top Bottom