Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Cazoo just offered me £300 more than the finance left in my c300, I’m done with Mercedes!!! Shame really, as it was a really nice car. I’m only really doing out of petty principal now :)

the £300 has gone towards my next estate wonder car. Sadly it means I need to buy new roof bars for about the 15th time in 3 years…

EDIT: I’m getting a Peugeot 508SW , I can see past the badge :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The new AMG SL63 and SL55 being reviewed. With it being a bit more of a stretched out version of the AMG GT, I think it has better proportions and looks fantastic and it retains the v8

Soldato
Will be interested to see how you get on as my fully Mercedes serviced W205 has just got an EML light and code is a faulty NOx sensor on bank 1. Car has only done 70k, I also pay for the service plan.

Finally have an update for you.

Merc are not budging, out of warranty and no gesture of goodwill option applicable. Summary, pretty rubbish customer service on a known problem. They want £1100 to fix in total.

Likely that we will look for a refurbished sensor set at c£600.

Man of Honour
I really struggle to see how that is poor customer service. It's a 7 year old car which was originally supplied with a 3 year warranty. How can you possibly still expect a manufacturer contribution to something going wrong after all that time?

Every car has its 'known issues' - its only really quite serious manufacturing faults that would ever yield goodwill on a car this old.

Soldato
I really struggle to see how that is poor customer service. It's a 7 year old car which was originally supplied with a 3 year warranty. How can you possibly still expect a manufacturer contribution to something going wrong after all that time?

Every car has its 'known issues' - its only really quite serious manufacturing faults that would ever yield goodwill on a car this old.

Apologies, the background is that he got the run around, misdiagnosis, fobbing off basically.

Its low mileage, service plan since he brought it, numerous recalls he had to hand it back for - including sensor related.

Given that, i would have expected something - even a small contribution, but each to our own i guess.

Soldato
Hi guys,

My Mercedes is due a service this month/early next - It was serviced before I bought it on the 10th December 2020 - first registered 27/09/2018, it has done approx. 11000 miles.

I took it for MOT last month which it flew through other than 4 tyres perished :rolleyes:

I can see they have updated the mileage on the MB system as it now shows previously recorded mileage at 11k.

However for some reason it has switch to Service A at £650 including spark plugs and air filter element (?).

I'm certain the quote when I checked a few weeks back was 'only' £450 and I'm thinking maybe that was Service B but the car has had some jiggery done at MOT which has meant it now thinks it needs Service A again?

Anyway, can anyone help determine what service it actually needs based on registration date and last service date?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,

My Mercedes is due a service this month/early next - It was serviced before I bought it on the 10th December 2020 - first registered 27/09/2018, it has done approx. 11000 miles.

I took it for MOT last month which it flew through other than 4 tyres perished :rolleyes:

I can see they have updated the mileage on the MB system as it now shows previously recorded mileage at 11k.

However for some reason it has switch to Service A at £650 including spark plugs and air filter element (?).

I'm certain the quote when I checked a few weeks back was 'only' £450 and I'm thinking maybe that was Service B but the car has had some jiggery done at MOT which has meant it now thinks it needs Service A again?

Anyway, can anyone help determine what service it actually needs based on registration date and last service date?

Thank you!

Shirley being a 2018, you would get it serviced every year so this would be your third service which would be an A service as it alternates and goes A, B, A etc......

Soldato
Shirley being a 2018, you would get it serviced every year so this would be your third service which would be an A service as it alternates and goes A, B, A etc......
Thanks, I think you're right - I must have just convinced myself it said Service A previously. I guess before, the spark plugs were not 3 years old and hence weren't on the list.

Soldato
Thanks, I think you're right - I must have just convinced myself it said Service A previously. I guess before, the spark plugs were not 3 years old and hence weren't on the list.

I remember when my E43 turned 3 years old I got the MOT and service done at the same time and it needed plugs doing then, so its definitely correct. Mine needed some rear tyres as well and it all came to pretty much a grand, which is why I remember it so clearly :o

Soldato
I remember when my E43 turned 3 years old I got the MOT and service done at the same time and it needed plugs doing then, so its definitely correct. Mine needed some rear tyres as well and it all came to pretty much a grand, which is why I remember it so clearly :o
Haha well I need all four tyres and road tax landed the same moment. Expensive month to keep a float.

Did you consider the service plan option? I can see it'll run me £84 a month for two services which seems astronomical but no idea how much a B service costs...?

Soldato
Haha well I need all four tyres and road tax landed the same moment. Expensive month to keep a float.

Did you consider the service plan option? I can see it'll run me £84 a month for two services which seems astronomical but no idea how much a B service costs...?

If I recall, the following B service requires a diff oil change or something like that which is quite expensive, so your next B service will be quite costly. I traded my E43 before then so never had to get it done. I have considered a service plan, it comes to about £1200 for two years on the E63S :confused:

edit: Just checked its £1248 for two years paid up front or £104 per month but paid over 12 months. So yours should be £1008 for the two years or £84 per month paid over 12 months

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My GT R had a plug swap at 3 years too. It took them a whole day to do... "we don't want to rush it can we keep it another day to finish off" too.

Soldato
If I recall, the following B service requires a diff oil change or something like that which is quite expensive, so your next B service will be quite costly. I traded my E43 before then so never had to get it done. I have considered a service plan, it comes to about £1200 for two years on the E63S :confused:

edit: Just checked its £1248 for two years paid up front or £104 per month but paid over 12 months. So yours should be £1008 for the two years or £84 per month paid over 12 months
You are totally right. Sorry was on fumes yesterday, had a disastrous day!

£1008 therefore seems like a bargain for 2 services including all additional items (spark plugs etc.)?

Back
Top Bottom