Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Man of Honour
Mercedes’ dealers have proven to be some of the worst I’ve come across.

My issue is now resolved to my satisfaction (expensive meal inbound with girlfriend and they pick up the tab) but I’m not impressed.

Mercedes’ AMG service were ok and got involved but I felt like they were dealing with me and will carry on doing what they do.

If they changed tyres I’d expect factory MO spec tyres on the car not a different tyre and the gouging of the wheel is unforgivable. Into the GM/Business manager would be my advice @Homer-Simpson and I would be angry as **** if they did that to my wheels!

Man of Honour
Cup 2 are a great tyre, they also have a firm tire wall and can be tricky to get on, an inexperienced fitter would mash the rim.
Yes for certain purposes but limited in deep water. I’d be concerned that cups were fitter to replace a road biased tyre and the driver wasn’t involved.

Associate
Mercedes’ dealers have proven to be some of the worst I’ve come across.

My issue is now resolved to my satisfaction (expensive meal inbound with girlfriend and they pick up the tab) but I’m not impressed.

Mercedes’ AMG service were ok and got involved but I felt like they were dealing with me and will carry on doing what they do.

If they changed tyres I’d expect factory MO spec tyres on the car not a different tyre and the gouging of the wheel is unforgivable. Into the GM/Business manager would be my advice @Homer-Simpson and I would be angry as **** if they did that to my wheels!

Thanks for the advice @Housey, I'm currently waiting for a call back. Hoping all this can be resolved quickly and without hassle. Glad to hear you have had some progress with your issue.

Man of Honour
Don't they need a lot of heat to be safe?
Not really but with heat comes amazing grip. I’m at the Nurburgring and they need careful pressure measurement as 2 PSI will impact them hugely but they are fearsome tyres on hot dry tracks. I had to take 8 psi out with heat!

Man of Honour
Booked in for the second drivers side switch pack in 6 months. Got told on the phone that they're just a terrible design and go far too easily on the newer cars. Thankfully can open and close my windows, unlike the last time where I had to close them using the lock and hold technique.

Also having my headlamps tested to see if the amount of condensation I get on them is within their tolerance. I think it will be well out as they get really misted up when driving about in the evenings, or even if I'm cleaning my car.

Warranty is up in 2 months, debating whether I'll renew or not so figured I should get everything fixed while I still can.

Associate
Booked in for the second drivers side switch pack in 6 months. Got told on the phone that they're just a terrible design and go far too easily on the newer cars. Thankfully can open and close my windows, unlike the last time where I had to close them using the lock and hold technique.

Also having my headlamps tested to see if the amount of condensation I get on them is within their tolerance. I think it will be well out as they get really misted up when driving about in the evenings, or even if I'm cleaning my car.

Warranty is up in 2 months, debating whether I'll renew or not so figured I should get everything fixed while I still can.

Had your quote through yet? I think I'm about to renew mine although still undecided if I go for just 1 year or 2 at the moment.

Soldato

Mine mist up like something I've never seen before. Uniform and doesn't affect performance from what I can tell, though.

Associate
Not yet mate, I'm expecting it any time soon as it expires on July 9th so probably get it some time this month.

Mine turned up a few days ago and is due at the end of the month. If it helps, the login id is your surname and the PIN is the last 7 characters of your VIN

Just as a rough indication, I renewed the warranty on my E63S and it was £1396 for a year so I would expect it not to be too far from that as you have a C63

Pricing seems to be the same, £1396 for 1 year, £2669 for 2 years, £132 if paying monthly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mine turned up a few days ago and is due at the end of the month. If it helps, the login id is your surname and the PIN is the last 7 characters of your VIN

Interesting, I just checked using that and it works :D thanks

Same as both of you, £1396 for a year etc

A few guys in the TeamAMGUK group I'm in say you can easily get that down to sub £1000 for the year by calling up rather than just doing it online. So will give that a go

Soldato

A few guys in the TeamAMGUK group I'm in say you can easily get that down to sub £1000 for the year by calling up rather than just doing it online. So will give that a go

Tell us how you get on, will be good to know you can drive the cost down

Associate

I've tried calling already to see if they would be willing to reduce it, I was told the price is fixed and it's not negotiable. If you do get them to budge let me know :D

Man of Honour
I've tried calling already to see if they would be willing to reduce it, I was told the price is fixed and it's not negotiable. If you do get them to budge let me know :D

Yeah I'm pretty doubtful it will come down, a few people mentioned in the group that they'd had some success but haggling has never been my strong point so I expect it will be a firm no! Worth a go though!

Man of Honour
@Steedie how are you finding it after the remap?

Shhhh remap? Me? Never….

If I did though, which of course I never would, then close to 600bhp and an extra 100lbs/ft of torque would have absolutely transformed the car.

And I imagine, it would have definitely added a lot more lovely noises off throttle above 3k RPM without having to add any of the pops and bangs you normally get on a remap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom