Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

After 3 years of faultless ownership, I said goodbye to my E63S today and traded it in for an M5 Competition. Will miss the awesome noise

Last edited:
Reactions: mjt
New C63 already down to £80k for a couple of listings on Autotrader, more commonly around £85-87k. That's a crazy drop given they were on there for £100k+ just a month or so ago, and £115k new.
That drop seems to be happening for most cars in that price bracket, although I know the questionable engine in the new C63 probably won't be helping either.

Recently joined the AMG club after owning a Megane RS 265 Cup for almost 10 years. With my 40th on the very close horizon, decided to go big whilst I can: -

Car 1.JPEG Car 2.JPEG Car 3.JPEG

2020 E63S AMG Estate in Cavansite Blue. Pre-Facelift, AMG Performance Seats, carbon fiber and Nappa interior. Absolutely in love with it. Got what I consider to be a decent deal from a main dealer including a 4 year warranty and alloy insurance. Had a bit of a initial hiccup as they didn't replace the battery so was showing some errors up when the ECU was checked by a mechanic I trust, they also mismatched the tyres, they were all Michelins and that's the best that could be said about it. Got them to cover the cost of two new tyres and the battery at least, so now it's on Continental Sport Contact 7's all round.

It's an absolute joy to drive and even though the MPG quickly approaches low teens on a usual drive, the smiles per mile factor is unmatched. Added to that it covers everything the better half wanted (4WD - Check, 5 Door - Check 'Practical' - Check) :D Always wanted a Merc too, so several bucket list entries ticked off in one go.

Recently joined the AMG club after owning a Megane RS 265 Cup for almost 10 years. With my 40th on the very close horizon, decided to go big whilst I can: -

2020 E63S AMG Estate in Cavansite Blue. Pre-Facelift, AMG Performance Seats, carbon fiber and Nappa interior. Absolutely in love with it. Got what I consider to be a decent deal from a main dealer including a 4 year warranty and alloy insurance. Had a bit of a initial hiccup as they didn't replace the battery so was showing some errors up when the ECU was checked by a mechanic I trust, they also mismatched the tyres, they were all Michelins and that's the best that could be said about it. Got them to cover the cost of two new tyres and the battery at least, so now it's on Continental Sport Contact 7's all round.

It's an absolute joy to drive and even though the MPG quickly approaches low teens on a usual drive, the smiles per mile factor is unmatched. Added to that it covers everything the better half wanted (4WD - Check, 5 Door - Check 'Practical' - Check) :D Always wanted a Merc too, so several bucket list entries ticked off in one go.

Makes me weak at the knees. Lovely motor :)

Initial impressions are not great, been waiting almost a week for a sales guy to unregister the car from the previous owner so that I can add it on the Mercedes me app, not a huge issue but if that's how they treat someone with an V8 AMG...
Merc aftersales is garbage but tbh the app gives you not much more than fuel, and you know you'll be low already.

Initial impressions are not great, been waiting almost a week for a sales guy to unregister the car from the previous owner so that I can add it on the Mercedes me app, not a huge issue but if that's how they treat someone with an V8 AMG...

Yeah man, that AMG badge means nothing to them unfortunately :D

I'm on my 3rd AMG and continue to receive crap customer service. Mercedes dealerships are just awful all round

Look up my E63 posts from a couple of years ago :D fun times!
Oh god, you had some rotten luck! Do you still have it? Hopefully it's been better recently!

^^ don't do that Chug :cry: :cry:
It makes me glad I have the main dealer warranty, even if it doesn't cover everything!

Merc aftersales is garbage but tbh the app gives you not much more than fuel, and you know you'll be low already.
This is most likely true but would use the remote start now and again, so maybe in a month it'll be sorted :D

Yeah man, that AMG badge means nothing to them unfortunately :D

I'm on my 3rd AMG and continue to receive crap customer service. Mercedes dealerships are just awful all round
Definitely getting that impression. At least the car is magnificent!

Had a 'proper' drive in it for the first time today since getting Continental Sport Contact 7's all round, absolutely fantastic, feels considerably better on grip and acceleration than it did with the 'Michelins all round' that the dealer sold it with. It's frightening how relaxed the car feels at 90mph+ too.

Oh god, you had some rotten luck! Do you still have it? Hopefully it's been better recently!

It makes me glad I have the main dealer warranty, even if it doesn't cover everything!

This is most likely true but would use the remote start now and again, so maybe in a month it'll be sorted :D

Definitely getting that impression. At least the car is magnificent!

Had a 'proper' drive in it for the first time today since getting Continental Sport Contact 7's all round, absolutely fantastic, feels considerably better on grip and acceleration than it did with the 'Michelins all round' that the dealer sold it with. It's frightening how relaxed the car feels at 90mph+ too.
Nah, got rid of it in 2021. Was sad to see it go, but it was just too unreliable.

Back
Top Bottom