Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Yeah I regularly check just out of curiosity to see how mine is doing value wise and I can never find S estates, especially >2021, for sale to compare :D I always think that must make them more valuable but I'll probably be wrong come the time to change
Can I buy yours when you change it, and can you change in the next month or so? :cry:

Soldato
Made a deal on the C63 mentioned earlier. Going to keep my C43 for a month because I am still on the fence as it's been such a great car.

Think it would be a hard swap from the C43 depending on your usage level, how much you value the engine and the cost difference.

To give some context, I found myself in a similar (but also not) scenario a couple of years ago when I had my 320d touring. It was well optioned and I was looking at changing to a 340i touring.

I test drove a 340i and it was undoubtedly a fantastic vehicle. But I walked away with the finance figures wondering if it was really worth £300 with £10k down - I was close to paying the 320d off at the time.

I ultimately decided against it for this reason. Just wasn’t worth the added commitment just for the engine.

Now the C63 is obviously a different beast, and I’m sure there will be more differences than just the engine, but the general point I’m making still stands.

Ask yourself this. After 3 months, once you’re used to the extra power - will you just feel like you’re in another C class but paying more money for longer?

Soldato
The C63 is a little older with 10k more miles than my C43, but as I won't use it as much, pricewise it will be an almost straight swap. I did consider putting another ~£14k down and getting a new C63S with less miles but as it's not my main car I know I won't use it much and it will be money wasted.

Man of Honour
Had my wheel alignment done today, pain in the bum finding someone local with a hunter machine capable of working on Mercs. Took it in because I hit a monster pot hole a few weeks back, so wanted to make sure, and haven't had it done since owning the car so was due anyway...bloomin 'eck

Was so out on the corner I hit the pothole, as expected, but also quite a bit elsewhere too. Would explain a lot as to why the tyres were so worn on the inner edge when I changed them in January.

Annoying, the rear camber was outside of the tolerance by 0.01 (or whatever the measurement is), and on AMG's, you can't adjust the rear camber, how annoying. Thankfully it's only out by the smallest amount possible, but even Merc said they can't adjust it

Soldato
Had my wheel alignment done today, pain in the bum finding someone local with a hunter machine capable of working on Mercs. Took it in because I hit a monster pot hole a few weeks back, so wanted to make sure, and haven't had it done since owning the car so was due anyway...bloomin 'eck

Was so out on the corner I hit the pothole, as expected, but also quite a bit elsewhere too. Would explain a lot as to why the tyres were so worn on the inner edge when I changed them in January.

Annoying, the rear camber was outside of the tolerance by 0.01 (or whatever the measurement is), and on AMG's, you can't adjust the rear camber, how annoying. Thankfully it's only out by the smallest amount possible, but even Merc said they can't adjust it

Yeah, it’s not adjustable but there is a solution, you can buy eccentric bolts to replace the standard fixed ones. The AMG fixed settings naturally dial in negative camber so will wear the inside of the tyres anyway

I think they use the eccentric bolts on the lower models but on AMG cars they decided to fix it for some reason

Last edited:
Soldato
A few weeks into eqe 53 ownership now. I do really like nearly everything about it despite being very apprehensive about switching to electric, looks wise still a bit marmite but otherwise a great car to drive and personally love the interior.

Soldato
Just back from Mercedes in Cardiff.

What service and friendly custom they provided.
Firstly test drove the GLA 45s. How different this felt to the GLA 35 is night and day. So solid and planted on the road. Lovely 30 minute test drive.
Took it across some A and B roads and then down the motorway for a good blast upto 70 obviously.

AaP9NRJ.jpg
iJABBNd.jpg

Then we travelled down to their sister site down in Bridgend to test drive the A45s.
This was a different beast altogether. So ferocious and a go-kart feeling. Even with 5 in the car this thing just wanted to pull and pull all day long.

PJ7FAUx.jpg
g5OytEE.jpg

So back to the showroom in Cardiff and cars ordered. Both in Cosmos black. Black leather interior as really don't like the yellow piping. Aiming for build and delivery around June time. Cannot wait :cool:

finally after what seems like forever. Email from Mercedes to say they're allocating a build slot for the A45s and GLA45s. Hoping to be in the country around end of May.

Just in time to enjoy them in the summer

Soldato
Chaps,

Just pulled off motorway to urgently top up - fuel tank on 0. I brim the tank though and it's only 65l? According to internet it's an 80l tank. Something must be up?

Soldato
2017 version of the E class owners manual online suggests only the E400/E450 got the 80L tank, everything else in the range is either 50L or 66L

Soldato
Took my C63 to Goodwood members meeting this weekend. The roads from mine to Goodwood really highlighted how different the C63 is to my C43. The balance is totally different and you can really feel it dig into corners whereas the C43 was always a little vague due to the 4WD. The C43 is 100% the better car to live with everyday as the 63 is a much harsher ride and the 7 speed is not as responsive as the 9 speed.
It's an absolute monster in Sport+, devours straights and even uphill B roads are quick work I assume to the torque available.

Soldato
I've had a mini-disaster with the C63 yesterday. Oil filler cap came off, and coated the engine bay with oil. :(

I say mini because of two redeeming factors:
1) The cap was still sitting on top of the engine when I looked.
2) The oil level post-disaster was still on the MIN mark, so I was able to drive home.

What a bleeding mess it's made though. And when I stop after a journey, it's smoking a lot because there's oil on the manifold.

I've cleaned off the top fairly well, but I can't get at anything lower down. debating whether to get some engine cleaner, work it into what I can get at, then (while praying mightily) gently hosing it off to hopefully somewhat clean the lower regions too. But rather worried about the potential to screw up electrics.

Soldato
I've had a couple of people suggest finding a garage that can steam clean the engine bay. Is that safer for the electrics? It sounds more worrying if anything, to a layman at least!

Back
Top Bottom