Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
I currently have a CLA and now thinking of getting the C Class Coupe. The C Class does have a more expensive feel to it but I haven't driven it yet. Will look on the weekend.

Anyone got one yet that could provide any feedback?

Associate
I own a 2003 ML55 AMG. Love it. 85K, 3 owners. Previous owner replaced exhaust, 20" alloys, private plate, etc. Car is in black, black windows.

I had a V8 inch, researched the Ml range and was about to go and buy a Ml63 when this popped up. Paid buttons for it. The Ml63 was 17K, this was 4K. okay it has 350bhp, the Ml63 has 500 but I saved 13K :)

Read so many comments about build quality worries, electric issues, problems, general mocking but I have to say its been tremendous. I had to sort a few issues that were previous owner induced, but am very impressed. Makes a lovely V8 Roar on full blast.

MPG, well have seen 5mpg, up to a dizzly 18mpg :) Its my weekend giggle car so arent bothered that much. My kids love it, has DVD players in the back.

Engine wise, the 5.4 is a truly reliable lump. Other versions have a super charger and Im sniffing around having that done. Brakes are a little iffy, reckon my servo could be on the way out.

To any out there thinking of buying one, do it. Try to aim for face lift car as they look better. My truck was original 65K, so its one hell of a motor.

I use many different US forums for advice / problem resolution so there is such a wealth of information out there to fix anything.

Simon

Soldato
I'm having issues with Bluetooth audio and Spotify in my C300. Music plays fine but when I go to skip a track either using the steering wheel controls or centre console, nothing happens. Then when I stop the car, turn ignition off the music continues to play through my phone which is annoying and never happened before. I've re-paired the phone to no avail, any ideas?

Associate
After some advice from some Merc owners - I've just bought a 2014 c250, the dealer made a real point of stating the car had the £2.5k Command Online option installed - other than a DVD playing feature (which seems pointless) and Sat Nav (which could have been had for £500 on its own) what are the key features of spec-ing command ? As I'm struggling to see the benefits considering the price when new, but wondering if I'm missing some key features.

Soldato
After some advice from some Merc owners - I've just bought a 2014 c250, the dealer made a real point of stating the car had the £2.5k Command Online option installed - other than a DVD playing feature (which seems pointless) and Sat Nav (which could have been had for £500 on its own) what are the key features of spec-ing command ? As I'm struggling to see the benefits considering the price when new, but wondering if I'm missing some key features.

Is the new w205 c-class model or the last gen? As this is what I used to have and gets a larger hi-res screen, command sat nav rather than garmin, HDD rather than SD card based maps, live traffic updates, speed limit assist (can read speed signs and a few other crap things.

Associate
W204 2012 C250 Diesel previous car was Audi B7 I only have one thing I dont really like and that is the firmness of the ride it seems to pick up every nuance of roads on 17* as opposed to the Audi
Also the auto lights are pants, I only found out when took it out at night, didn't do this on test drive and you can hardly see in front of your face when on non-light roads. it would sem Osram night breakers are the preferred option, but after looking at youtube videos on how to get access to the lights in the first place I think its a bit beyond my basic skill set

It would be intesting to hear how other owners of said make feel

Associate
Is the new w205 c-class model or the last gen? As this is what I used to have and gets a larger hi-res screen, command sat nav rather than garmin, HDD rather than SD card based maps, live traffic updates, speed limit assist (can read speed signs and a few other crap things.

Yeah, last of the old gen w204, thanks for the response. Sounds like it's just a really good sat nav and larger screen then mostly, seems a bizarre option to spec for £2.5k over and above others on the options list...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
W204 2012 C250 Diesel previous car was Audi B7 I only have one thing I dont really like and that is the firmness of the ride it seems to pick up every nuance of roads on 17* as opposed to the Audi
Also the auto lights are pants, I only found out when took it out at night, didn't do this on test drive and you can hardly see in front of your face when on non-light roads. it would sem Osram night breakers are the preferred option, but after looking at youtube videos on how to get access to the lights in the first place I think its a bit beyond my basic skill set

It would be intesting to hear how other owners of said make feel

Re the lights, it seems a bit mad to have bought a used model with no HID headlamps? The HID auto lights are amazingly bright and responsive.

Associate
Re the lights, it seems a bit mad to have bought a used model with no HID headlamps? The HID auto lights are amazingly bright and responsive.

Well yes except it was summer when I took the car for test drive so never really noticed until it got darker and was on unlit roads, for someone who isnt in the know I wouldn't recognize a HID from a standard bulb

The car was the price I was willing to pay its only later I have found (not big deals as such) but disappointment when it came to the lights and the suspension, this however could be attributed to the fact its a sports edition

Back
Top Bottom