Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

TS7

TS7

Soldato

To replace or in addition to the i8? If it's in addition, in what scenario would you leave the house and want to take the SL over the i8 aside from the open top factor, especially given its a 350. In isolation it's an awesome car, but in your situation seems an odd choice.

Soldato
It's iddition to the i8. That is very true. The only time I can think I would want to take it out is if I fancy some open top motoring or something a little more understated with normal doors. Having said that it's bright read :D

Soldato
Random question but how can I tell if my ventilated seats are actually working? Should I be able to feel air flowing when I put my hand on the seat? I've only used them once but I couldn't tell if they were on or not and with summer coming up I'd like to make sure they're working. I've got a 2012 CLS if that makes any difference.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Random question but how can I tell if my ventilated seats are actually working? Should I be able to feel air flowing when I put my hand on the seat? I've only used them once but I couldn't tell if they were on or not and with summer coming up I'd like to make sure they're working. I've got a 2012 CLS if that makes any difference.
I've only ever used BMW ventilated seats, but you'll feel a cold breeze on your arse and back fairy quickly. On the BMW, I can hear the fans and it also smells a little funky (skin and dust).

Soldato
OP
Can anyone talk to me about the new A Class? It's a segment of the car market that I have literally never looked at before but looking to replace the OH car with one and they seem reasonably well built.

Look at 180 petrol engines which I belive are the Nissan made 1.6T?

Also, as if they don't come with DAB as standard :/

Soldato
Here's my new car!

CLK 320! It's only done 56,000 miles and like brand new(well, almost), Prior to me one owner form new and he looked after it like a baby.

He had a load of extra options fitted too:

BOSE upgraded sound system, Sports Suspension, AMG Bodykit (very discrete!) and 2 tone leather. It's such a blimmin lovely car

Rear arches were sorted a few years ago so they won't rot away.

Merc02_zpsboct218i.jpg

Merc04_zpsakpmtzjy.jpg

Merc06_zpsrmskak0w.jpg

Merc08_zpsmqpogq3c.jpg

Merc09_zpsdpjqrjkb.jpg

Soldato
It's unbelievable what good condition it's in! I feel VERY lucky to have found it. :)

I was out washing and polishing it at 22.30 last night :D

It's even made driving a pleasure again. I just waft along super comfy as everyone razzes around trying to get one car length ahead.

I had the head unit replaced with a Pioneer Car play stereo, great stuff

Associate
Question from any W204 C class owners.

With the 'Eco' start stop feature enabled, can you hold the car on the break pedal without stopping the engine.

All other cars I've driven with start stop require you to push the brake pedal slightly harder once stationary to turn the engine off, my merc cuts the engine out with the lightest of touches of the break once stationary - really annoying if you know your only stopping for a v.brief period.

Soldato
I have a 205, but the engine cut is the same - no matter how light the brake pressure the engine will cut when you come to a complete stop.

I was hoping it would be possible to re-code the car so the start/stop is off by default, but I haven't really looked in to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom