Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
I have still not seen a CLA in the flesh as they aren't importing them..fools!

The only thing I didn't like about the new C were both of the nav screen options and the red seat belts...they are only selling the C200 here for the next year though, if it was the 400 I wouldve considerd it I think.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Had the Eurocharged V5 tune applied to my C63 today, and the improvements are very noticeable. Paddles respond faster in manual mode, although do still suffer some lag, but nowhere near as much.

Once you hit over 5k, you can feel it does pull better than standard. Not really had much of a chance to play yet, but so far it seems worth the money. And the noise of the thing in either manual or sport is immense, although I'm not sure my neighbours will thank me when I leave for work at 5.30am.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Nearly 40k for a convertible though realistically :'(

It's also a slight shame that the db9 didn't have slightly more power, I'd love it to have more than its 450hp

Soldato
Believe me, it's perfectly adequate when you fancy a blast now and then. The majority of the time you just pootle around looking down on people ;)

I've seen Volantes around 05 and 40k crop up at £30-£32k over the last 2-3 months.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
They are beautiful cars, definitely a logical SL upgrade, i would be interested to try out the rear seats in one for children at some point. In an ideal world i'd like a Bentley GTC but they are holding steady at around £50k. I need to make more money to justify blowing proper amounts on a car like that :(

Soldato
OP
Just had a Service A done on the CLS.

Oil+Filter+Flush
Air Filters
Pollen Filter
Replacement Ball Joint

Some other minor bits and checks on all the plugs and other fluids, can't remember everything the invoice said. Was around £500.

Also got a full set of Conti Sport Contact 5 all round and alignment checked.

Hoping that should see me set for a fair while!

Associate
Purchased myself an Slk 350 about 3 weeks ago. Quite a step up from my 1.4 fiesta, actually really liking the 7 speed auto. And the insurance was only 900 bring 21 which wasn't too bad.

Will post up some pictures when I have time.

Back
Top Bottom