Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Man of Honour
Well it was a lovely sunny morning...perfect for an open top test drive of a 55. What a car! The power delivery and responsiveness is very impressive. Has a very happy backend though - doing about 30, floored the throttle and it still wobbled about. I LOVED the seats and how they just hold you in place. The best part - the engine :eek:

Managed to grab a good deal. Brake pads were very low, so they will replace those. A small scratch on the boot, so they are going to respray it. A bit of water collecting in the battery compartment, so they will fix that. Managed to get a good price for my 230 considering its age and the fact that they are going to have to repair the rear arches. I also managed to squeeze a full tank of petrol into the deal since I have a bit of a journey to get it back.

Not as clean as I would like (high standards), but I will have fun getting into all of little places.

Some pretty country roads on the route that I am picking it up from, so should be fun! Can't wait for next Sunday!

Only thing I will have to wait for are the private plates...I hope the DVLA are quick about the transfer :)

Soldato
They are beautiful cars, definitely a logical SL upgrade, i would be interested to try out the rear seats in one for children at some point. In an ideal world i'd like a Bentley GTC but they are holding steady at around £50k. I need to make more money to justify blowing proper amounts on a car like that :(

Bite the bullet!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Seen quite a few of them around here. Didn't like them in the photos but they look much better in the flesh! Quite tempted to pick one up in a couple of years when I come to replace my C class :)
Moved back to Brussels over the summer and there are quite a few over here. Seen a few CLA45 AMGs as well.

Unbelievable amount of A Class AMG SPORT DIESEL MPGzz though.
Crazy popular, must have excellent company lease deals or CO2 or whatever.
Loads more than the 1 Series, which is a surprise.

Soldato
Moved back to Brussels over the summer and there are quite a few over here. Seen a few CLA45 AMGs as well.

Unbelievable amount of A Class AMG SPORT DIESEL MPGzz though.
Crazy popular, must have excellent company lease deals or CO2 or whatever.
Loads more than the 1 Series, which is a surprise.

Yeah, the CLA45 AMGs sound pretty sweet when they go past! Better than the people at work who bought SLKs - pretty much all of them are diesels! I think the only petrol A class I've seen around here has been the guy who I used to live next to who owned an A45 AMG.

Man of Honour
Picked up my 55 this morning. So, much, fun! Spent the rest of the day cleaning it. Still plenty of things that I want to do with it, but at least it is polished and has a layer of HD wax on it. The chrome exhausts need a little bit of attention...will look at them next weekend. Might get the front bumper resprayed next year and new fog lights put in. In the meantime I will just enjoy it :D (on my 10 minute commute to work!).

Just as I was leaving the garage they told me that they will buy it back any day I want to get rid of it...won't be soon! Apparently the price is going up now too since so few were made, most people are locking them away and most people prefer the style to the r172 (me included, hence my purchase).

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG_20140109_143109_139.jpg

CLS55 owner here

*rumble*

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Awesome, proper 55 that :) Have you had any tuning work done to it ramirez?

A colleague of mine has a eurocharged tune and pulley with x flow to approx 560-570hp, it feels so much better than my stock 55. If i wasnt looking to offload it, i would certainly get the work done.

Associate
Nearly 40k for a convertible though realistically :'(

It's also a slight shame that the db9 didn't have slightly more power, I'd love it to have more than its 450hp

You can get a very well regarded Aston indy garage to install their bits on and get 450 -> 530ish. Near £7k for the mods though... I'm intending on getting it done on mine early next year :)

Man of Honour
Before it got soaked in the rain...

Yls4Eqr.jpg

BJeiS7Y.jpg

WkyN0ow.jpg

It was a fun 10 minute commute (even in traffic :D). Can't wait to take it to Wales and Gower in less than 2 weeks :)

So much more aggressive looking than the R172.

Back
Top Bottom