Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
Thanks for all the answers, I'm sourcing the HD collection now.

Went out and picked up MGS4 and Revengence last night, both are really good. 4 is just a quality product.

Associate
I haven't played a metal gear solid game since the PS1 and while i'm really enjoying it i think the game would be far better being less "Metal Gear Solid". The open world great, with so many options on how to play each mission, but the prologue was painful and confusing. I also still have no idea why the strange skull and skull head person exists or why the main character has a lump of rock sticking out of his head.

Overall feel it would have been better in a slightly more serious world i.e. Splinter Cell

One final last thing why have i built a billion dollar oil rig to house wild animals on.

Soldato
I haven't played a metal gear solid game since the PS1 and while i'm really enjoying it i think the game would be far better being less "Metal Gear Solid". The open world great, with so many options on how to play each mission, but the prologue was painful and confusing. I also still have no idea why the strange skull and skull head person exists or why the main character has a lump of rock sticking out of his head.

Overall feel it would have been better in a slightly more serious world i.e. Splinter Cell

One final last thing why have i built a billion dollar oil rig to house wild animals on.

Did you play Ground Zeros?

Soldato

The story is lacking in this game unlike the other MGS, make sure you listen to the cassette tapes.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I wish MGS4 was on the PS4, loved that game! The active camo was really awesome :)

Just got to "traitors caravan".... is there a timer that tells you your total game time? I estimate a minimum of 40hrs (mainly wasted on side ops) so far.

Soldato
Anyone know of a detailed guide to mother base? All the guides I've found just say tips like "upgrade this first" or "don't use auto assign". Ok but I have no idea what any of it means and now I've just been told the people at my base will suffer if I don't do stuff that the game never explained how to do.

Soldato
25% into the game. Still loving it... However I'm still questioning the decision to use Sutherland in this game. He adds very little to the game... Nothing but small sound bites... This alone taints the overall experience for me. Bad move Kojima / Konami

Associate
Think im just under 40% but starting to get a little bored now, mission 33+ or so and im re-doing missions that i have already had to do before as side ops, seems like a huge cop out to me, nothing has changed except they have made them a little harder :/ or made it so no weapons or buddies, cannot be seen at all etc i could understand giving us the option to re-do missions if we wanted to but to make us have to as main missions is real annoying!

Soldato
25% into the game. Still loving it... However I'm still questioning the decision to use Sutherland in this game. He adds very little to the game... Nothing but small sound bites... This alone taints the overall experience for me. Bad move Kojima / Konami

Yep, his voice doesn't fit and that combined with the lack of consistent narrative and any meaningful interaction between characters just leaves it feeling rather flat to me so far. The gameplay is superb (at least, until it begins to grind) but I really don't find myself caring about what's happening, which is unfortunate. MGS has never relied on gameplay alone to carry the game.

I feel like I'm going to have to play MGS4 again after this just to feel like the series has had a proper conclusion, because Phantom Pain definitely isn't the closing act I expected.

Associate
Apparently my online code is invalid/expired according to PS Store? How can I get a new one?

What online code? The one included in the day one edition/collector's edition? If so, then Metal Gear Online doesn't launch until 6th October, which is when the codes will be redeemable (hopefully if everything goes ok).

Soldato
Yep, his voice doesn't fit and that combined with the lack of consistent narrative and any meaningful interaction between characters just leaves it feeling rather flat to me so far. The gameplay is superb (at least, until it begins to grind) but I really don't find myself caring about what's happening, which is unfortunate. MGS has never relied on gameplay alone to carry the game.

I feel like I'm going to have to play MGS4 again after this just to feel like the series has had a proper conclusion, because Phantom Pain definitely isn't the closing act I expected.

I'm not even saying the voice is bad. I just don't understand the point in bringing someone on if they're not really going to be used.

Snakes dialog is none existent. Real shame.

Anyway. In other news. Konami announce the franchise can continue without Kojima.... Lol. I remember reading things didn't go so well for konami; the last time they attempted something like that.

Back
Top Bottom