Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
*obligatory image*
Yeeeeeeeers.
mgsv.jpg

Pardon the ooh Matron but to answer a previous question it popped through my slot without issue!

What's the Kleenex for? ;)

Soldato
Just want to make a request before it starts: Anyone who got the game early is extremely lucky, but can we not have any hints about story, gameplay or blatant spoilers (tagged or not) posted until Tuesday please? It's not fair for the thread to become a no-go zone for everyone else just because a few people got the game ahead of release.

Soldato
Cant upload the Ground Zero data yet as cant sign in to the online to transfer it over, just been exploring and doing a mission over, game seems fine, lost track of time whilst playing it, which to my eyes make it a good game when you don't realise how much time u've spent playing.

Soldato
Any opinions from people that have played ?
As with previous comments I do not want to spoil anyone else's experience but I'll echo another poster and say I lost several hours with this without realising it yesterday to the point where I ended up with a cracking headache (I have shoddy eyes). I'm going to resolve to not touching it till this evening and then along with a few beers, renewed eyes and giddy look, stealth on. Can't wait!

Associate
I'm in the same boat with Game; if they'd dispatched with Royal Mail first class as advertised I'd have it by now!

DPD have been quite helpful though. They've said once they received the package from Game I can upgrade the delivery if I want for £5... If they receive it by 7pm today I could have my big boss robot hand tomorrow :D

Associate
I'm in the same boat with Game; if they'd dispatched with Royal Mail first class as advertised I'd have it by now!

DPD have been quite helpful though. They've said once they received the package from Game I can upgrade the delivery if I want for £5... If they receive it by 7pm today I could have my big boss robot hand tomorrow :D

I noticed on the link they gave me I can upgrade my delivery, but earliest available was Tuesday :<

Associate

Did you ring them up to get that offer, when I look to upgrade my delivery it only has days after tuesday.

Associate
Yep, I called them. It's only showing days after Tuesday because the package from Game hasn't actually arrived with them yet so they can't offer early delivery upgrade until they get it...

So basically the sooner game gets it to DPD, the sooner it can be delivered!

Soldato

It wouldn't have done though. Most companies do not break the street date, and with big Tuesday releases they always process orders through their system so that they appear to have dispatched on Wednesday / Thursday of the week before.

To break the street date as Simplygames have done in the case is pretty exceptional - although I won't complain. :cool:

Associate
The wait is nearly over! Worse thing is I work at GAME..so when I see it on store early, I just want to take them all lol

I've said from day 1 this game has the potential to be the best game ever.

Soldato
So basically the people who bought the CE are getting the game later than everyone else because they're using s courier and sending them out later. Nice, Game.

Time to find a phone number for these fools.

Back
Top Bottom