Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Where have you got that from? I heard there's no pre-loading at all...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/20/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-pc-preloading/

What he’s saying, I believe, is that though the game doesn’t officially launch until 10am Pacific time on September 1st, folks who have pre-ordered it will be able to start downloading as soon as it turns September 1st in New Zealand. That’ll be 1pm on August 31st in the UK, and these times in other zones. He adds that it’ll be 28GB to download, so when exactly you’ll get to play depends on your connection, but you could theoretically start playing before the general populace of consoleers.

Clarification on the pre-load situation - https://www.reddit.com/r/MetalGearSolidV_PC/comments/3hnfle/no_preload_clarification/

Last edited:
Caporegime
afternoon all I've never played any of these games is it worth getting the last one or waiting for the next.thanks

This one is a radical departure from the gameplay formula of the previous games.

As such, I don't believe there will be any disadvantage, other than not knowing the back-story, to just jumping into MGS5.

And to be frank, the back story doesn't make a whole lot of sense since MGS4 :p

Soldato
The theme tune is awseome.

However the system req seem strange. High CPU req compared to GPU:

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

Soldato
Makes you think, how did they go from that monstrous Metal Gear, to the likes of Ray :D

All serious though, going through the games in the trailer, MGS2 released in 2001/02, look how good it looks graphically for its time.

Associate
If this follows the style of ground zeros, I have no problems with the way they are doing the story side of things.

Cutscenes are still really well done, and the added visual effects really make things pop. The transitions from 'cutscene' to in-game control is also fantastic.

Also, I really do not mind the audio log type things. It massively helps build the sense that this is a living world, and you are getting just glimpses of what is happening in the past and all around you. I loved going around the base in Ground Zeros and listening to Paz's tapes.

You also appreciate the Big Boss does actually speak a fair bit, you just have to listen to the tapes. And the more you listen to Keifer as Big Boss, the more you stop hearing Jack Bauer. So this is good for me, I'm now out of the jarring 'This isn't Hayter' phase (especially since I thought he did a decent job of voicing and older Big Boss in Peace Walker) and can enjoy the Phantom Pain without being annoyed.

On a similar note, at first I found the depth of field effects quite annoying too, but I have stuck at it and don't mind it at all now. If this is the way Kojima wants me to play it, then thats they way I'm going.

Associate
Makes you think, how did they go from that monstrous Metal Gear, to the likes of Ray :D

The Emmerich family who designed Peace Walker and Rex are a bunch of frauds who stole designs and made it their own. Rex was made by a contractor company that was on the verge of bankruptcy and had their funding cut by the DoD. Hence why it is so primitive.

Ray was designed by the USMC as an anti-Metal Gear, Metal Gear after the plans for Rex were leaked at the end of MGS1 causing loads of copycat Rexes which is why it's more sleek and better looking.

Last edited:
Associate
Taking out how horrible they as actual fighting machines in-game, Gekkos would actually be fantastic pieces of hardware.

Having this huge Metal Gear is probably not that great a weapon as a mobile nuclear launcher, but the ability to have Gekkos on the ground cleaning up would be really effective.

Soldato

All serious though, going through the games in the trailer, MGS2 released in 2001/02, look how good it looks graphically for its time.

Keep in mind the footage may be captured from the hd collections that were released, either way i agree! Cracking for the time!

Nit got the mgs4 level of hype for this one, but thats just games in general these days, we are spoiled! Cant wait though!

The mgs1 remake on the cube was amazing!

Soldato
The mgs1 remake on the cube was amazing!

I would pay all the money for a proper MGS remaster, but it'd have to be faithful to the original and not Twin Snakes which just went overboard with the cinematic effects and badly-paced dialogue.

Unfortunately with Kojima and Konami having parted ways, the chance of such a thing is essentially zero now. :(

Soldato
I would pay all the money for a proper MGS remaster, but it'd have to be faithful to the original and not Twin Snakes which just went overboard with the cinematic effects and badly-paced dialogue.

Unfortunately with Kojima and Konami having parted ways, the chance of such a thing is essentially zero now. :(

Must say i can barely remember it to compar, just remembered enjoying it as my first mgs, then went on to play the original and the rest was history :D

Back
Top Bottom