Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

Soldato
The theme tune is awseome.

However the system req seem strange. High CPU req compared to GPU:

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

I agree, very strange indeed.

Soldato
Ground Zeroes specs to compare,

MINIMUM:
OS: Windows Vista SP2 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Core i5-4460 (3.20GHz) or better *Quad-Core or better
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 graphics card required)
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better *Quad-Core or better
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphics card required)
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

(did this to compare to the above, identical! so should be ok if ground zeroes was?)

Associate
I really hope David Hayer returns for a future game. Hearing someone else doing the voice (even though it is the great Kiefer Sutherland) just spoils the whole experience of the game! :(

Soldato
So sad that this will be Kojima's last game in the series. Bog boss's transition from hero to villain is going it epic, and a remake of Metal Gear would be absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Soldato
Should I get this on PS4, or upgrade my graphics cards to a 580 ti (and keep the rest of pc - spec in sig).

If playing on ps4 i play on a 55 inch 4k lg tv with immense hifi, on the pc I still use the u2711 1440p.

Soldato
Id go with tv.
I have a 3440x1440 monitor but epic games like this are always better relaxing on the couch on a huge TV.

Did anyone get a copy early? simply games have been shipping the ps4 version and lots of people got them today.

Associate
Should I get this on PS4, or upgrade my graphics cards to a 580 ti (and keep the rest of pc - spec in sig).

If playing on ps4 i play on a 55 inch 4k lg tv with immense hifi, on the pc I still use the u2711 1440p.

Really wish they would unify saves across systems, I have the same problem with Batman. I've ended up with it on PC and PS4. Would be great if I could swap at will.

Soldato
Id go with tv.
I have a 3440x1440 monitor but epic games like this are always better relaxing on the couch on a huge TV.

Did anyone get a copy early? simply games have been shipping the ps4 version and lots of people got them today.

I'm leaning to ps4, the gaming experience isn't all about resolution. If this was the latest greatest pc developed graphical showpiece, that would probably sway me to get the 980 ti though.

save games

I know, that would be awesome!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Just a reminder folks, those who have pre-ordered on Steam or have already got the game in their Steam library - we can start downloading at 1pm on Monday 31st August.

You'll be able to play as soon as it's finished downloading!

Going back through Ground Zeroes for complete Staff Aquisition/POW's extraction (they show up on Mother Base apparently, including
Kojima
:D), and the game-play is just so good :eek: It just feels great to control and move Boss around, very smooth.

Also got a code from someone at NVIDIA, and if we do indeed get to start playing 1PM 31st..., bring on The Phantom Pain :D

Last edited:
Associate
I'd need 2 980 ti's to play in on the 4k tv natively :D

Who knows, the PC version of this game has yet to be reviewed If it runs anything like GZ, you probably don't need that much power for 4k. My single 970 can do 2k60FPS on max settings in Ground Zeroes. I think a single 980 gets like 30-40 FPS at 4k, so it should be playable with just one 980ti at 4k. Or you could just run it at 2k and upscale. Still better than 1080p.

Also just got an extra copy of this for free via the Nvidia promotion. Cheers OCUK. Now I've got to figure out how to refund my Steam purchase of the same game (and a spare copy of GZ, which I'd never use), unless someone can give me a reason not to. I prefer saving the £45 and put that towards something useful, like hardware. I need another external hard drive for storage.

Back
Top Bottom