Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

The whole metal gear story is fine, it is just the way it is done that can get a bit silly, not helped by often ridiculous dialogue...and some of the smaller details are just plain stupid. The core story is solid though.

The dialogue has always been painful. 2 was by far the worst in that regard!

So is this out for PC on the 1st?

I don't remember MGS3's story being bat**** crazy.

For that you need MGS4 :p And evidently PW also.

Let's put it a different way... the story being mad didn't hurt in MGS2, or 1 or 3.

But 4 was so far gone story-wise, that you wished in the end for less story and just to play the game. I could have lived with the insane amount of cutscenes if I'd felt the story was of an acceptible quality.

That's actually another thing now that I think of it. A bat**** insane story can still be fun if it's well done. I'm afraid that 4's story wasn't even well done. It was like a child had written it. It was like a massive work of fan-fiction written by a 12 year old.

I'm really hoping MGS5 is better in this regard.

4 off par with the rest of them but there were some great nostalgia moments in 4, such as the returning to shadow moses, that was amazing.

Also the microwave hall scene was emotional.

Last edited:
4's plot actually wrapped everything up nicely and simplified much of the other games stories as it finally pulled back the curtain on a lot of things,

a key theme throughout all of the games is you/snake are ALWAYS being lied to, to make you accomplish someone else's goals.

also odd side note, watch appleseed alpha on netflix, just me or is the guy voicing briareos very very similar sounding to snake/hayter?

Last edited:
It should be very well optimised on pc so should be no reason not to unless you would prefer couch and controller

So everyone getting this on PC? I was thinking Xbox one but might be tempted by PC

If you want a physical copy, Collector's Edition in particular then XB1 and PS4 are the only options since PC doesn't get Collector's Edition. But if that's not a factor, then I'd say PC for sure. If you had said PS4, then it might be a harder choice since the PS4 version is closer to the PC version. The XB1 version is only 900p, while the PS4 has the full 1080p treatment.

If you pre-order on Steam now, then you can download and play it tomorrow (I hope) while the official release is on Tuesday. If you were to buy a physical version of the XB1 game then it might be shipped tomorrow (or not cos bank holiday) to arrive on Tuesday at the earliest. Or if you get the download version, then you can pre-load (not an option on the PC), but it'll will only unlock for consoles on Tuesday I think.

Or you can get the best of both worlds and buy it on both. I've pre-ordered the LE MGS5 PS4 bundle, though I probably won't touch it and will only play the PC version instead. I just like the MGS themed PS4 and really needed an excuse to buy a PS4.

Edit:
It should be very well optimised on pc so should be no reason not to unless you would prefer couch and controller

The PC version can also use XB1 controller, though I'm not sure if the USB receiver is out yet. Or use other controllers, I'll be playing mine with a 360 controller unless I find a good deal on a PS4 controller, then I might try it on that instead (since it's also compatible with PC). And couch should be no problem if you have your PC set up in the same room or have a way to stream it. Me personally, I'll be playing in bed since I have a big monitor next to the PC and the wired for the X360 pad is long enough. I love being lazy.

Last edited:
hmm ive got some ps3 controllers does it need the touchpad of the ps4 or could i use them?

i'll have to get around to setting up the bluetooth

If you want a physical copy, Collector's Edition in particular then XB1 and PS4 are the only options since PC doesn't get Collector's Edition. But if that's not a factor, then I'd say PC for sure. If you had said PS4, then it might be a harder choice since the PS4 version is closer to the PC version. The XB1 version is only 900p, while the PS4 has the full 1080p treatment.

If you pre-order on Steam now, then you can download and play it tomorrow (I hope) while the official release is on Tuesday. If you were to buy a physical version of the XB1 game then it might be shipped tomorrow (or not cos bank holiday) to arrive on Tuesday at the earliest. Or if you get the download version, then you can pre-load (not an option on the PC), but it'll will only unlock for consoles on Tuesday I think.

Or you can get the best of both worlds and buy it on both. I've pre-ordered the LE MGS5 PS4 bundle, though I probably won't touch it and will only play the PC version instead. I just like the MGS themed PS4 and really needed an excuse to buy a PS4.

Edit:

The PC version can also use XB1 controller, though I'm not sure if the USB receiver is out yet. Or use other controllers, I'll be playing mine with a 360 controller unless I find a good deal on a PS4 controller, then I might try it on that instead (since it's also compatible with PC). And couch should be no problem if you have your PC set up in the same room or have a way to stream it. Me personally, I'll be playing in bed since I have a big monitor next to the PC and the wired for the X360 pad is long enough. I love being lazy.

Cheers for the responses guys. TBH I probably be able to play it in the office or in the couch either way with XB1 streaming to W10 and Steam streaming to a client (Shield android TV when it is released). The latter option is a while away though.

I also have a Razer 360 pad and an Xbone pad with the wire connected to my PC so will be using a pad either way.

I think the real choice is
a) better graphics and smoother framerate on PC
b) mates play on XB1 - I guess this depends how much the multiplayer actually adds to the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom