Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

Looks like my problem was the fact that it was set to Fullscreen Borderless by default which is stupid, put it to Fullscreen and the stuttering disappeared.

Last edited:
The game runs like a dream, got a good session in last night and already want to go back for more! It always feels like Konami put everything in to their releases and it shows.

I've played ~12 hours and enjoyed it, but the world feels dead. It's only outposts/bases, animals and plants, there is nothing to see or explore.

The landscape doesn't work well for an open world game. It's nice being able to start another mission when you are already out in the world, but it normally involves following a road you've already been on 10 times to get there. Mountains are in the way of everything, all you can do is follow the roads (or very close to the road). I don't know if this is because I haven't done that many main missions yet (completed 6 or 7) and it'll open up more areas, I guess I'll find out.

Side ops are OK, but clearing the same base for the 4th time with exactly the same guard placement isn't very fun. Examples:

East communcations tower. I had a main mission to blow up their communications. I completed that, looked at my side ops and I had to rescue a prisoner from exactly the same building. Obviously he wasn't there while other mission was active, 30 seconds ago.

The first village you see after the prologue. I've done at least 3 either main or side missions that involve either killing or extract someone from inside.

Yes the action/stealth game play is fun and I will play more, but probably focus on the main story and just skip between missions. There is nothing to see by roaming around.

Last edited:
About to hit buy, last time I bought a game it was borked (Batman) but things are looking good for this. CDKeys have it at £32.90 (Steam key), assume this is the best price?

Back
Top Bottom