Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

HAAAAAAAAAAA

I am out of the loop, but from what I can gather, Konami have took a giant **** on Kojima Productions and their legacy?

it has been spun that way but lets face it Konami let them do whatever they wanted for years and making crazy stories and games across a variety of platforms. It was clear from the release of GZ that Konami needed funds to actually secure their future and MGS TPP.

It was only a matter of time before they called it a day, Its not exactly cheap to have a director with such a crazy mentality as Kojima.

Unfortunately the fans sort of forget the business side of it and don't realise that under any other published MGS will probably be a very very different game, with less detail, polish and more dlc gumpf.

Of course Konami have issues, but I dont see the release of Kojima as being one of them.

This game is stunning.

Playing on PS4 and happy to have 60fps smooth, no frame issues and it looks amazing. Puts witchery 3 to shame!

I wouldn't say it puts Witcher 3 to shame. Witcher 3 looks much better than this game. I was blown away by Witcher 3 graphics, MGSV just looks 'ok'

Wheres there cheapest place to pick this us - Ive seen it for £32 on cd key websites.

I can't get into the members market due to not hitting the criteria are there any other sites?

I sold my key for this game for £20. Just the title put me off it. 'The Phantom Pain' makes me think of a joke I once heard about painful, mysterious, accidental sodomy involving superman.

I've jumped back in with some general gameplay/performance thoughts for those interested. Nothing spoilery in the slightest.

Definitely a much more optimised Fox engine compared to ground zeros. Ground zeros would keep popping in guards and distance scenery if you switched to binoculars, this seems to at least mask LOD much better. However, in the far distance some ground textures can seem like they haven't loaded in correctly.

If I turn up all the settings to maximum (but motion blur to low only) at 1440p I can get 60fps with an over clocked 970 but this occasionally dips to high 40s. I therefore have lowered the res a bit (its still above 1080 using DSR) and it stays locked at 60fps.

Improved DOF effect on Snake, in ground zeros if you crouched but actually looked at Snake in the foreground it could seem a bit off putting in the sense that it very clearly looked like someone has just smudged vaseline over a 2D image. Now it looks... better. Detail is still there, albeit obviously still out of focus.

Aiming down off ledges/buildings, in GZ it was a bit of a pain to aim below the horizontal sometimes.

There is no difficulty select (at least on first play through from what I can see), but I feel the enemies have an AI awareness of in-between normal and Hard mode in GZ.

it has been spun that way but lets face it Konami let them do whatever they wanted for years and making crazy stories and games across a variety of platforms. It was clear from the release of GZ that Konami needed funds to actually secure their future and MGS TPP.

It was only a matter of time before they called it a day, Its not exactly cheap to have a director with such a crazy mentality as Kojima.

Unfortunately the fans sort of forget the business side of it and don't realise that under any other published MGS will probably be a very very different game, with less detail, polish and more dlc gumpf.

Of course Konami have issues, but I dont see the release of Kojima as being one of them.

It must be a pain asking investors and board members to stick with it when Kojima is taking his crazy ass sweet time and asking for more money but this is a huge mistake letting him go. Unfortunately ,games are not what they want to make anymore and seem to just want to make those slot machines now. I dont expect we will ever find out what happened but the stories about how they treat employees are shocking. As of the last few years they seem to be purposely trying to ruin themselves and are failing time and time again

this is annoying, i ordered a 980ti, and i recieved the download code for this game, i can log into account in the steam website but the steam application just keeps coming up

steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers

i tried all the suggested fixes, noting works :(

I love this game

i was trying to defeat quiet and getting no where after about 2 hours. I accidentally dropped an supply drop on her and beat her that way :D

Back
Top Bottom