Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

this is annoying, i ordered a 980ti, and i recieved the download code for this game, i can log into account in the steam website but the steam application just keeps coming up

steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers

i tried all the suggested fixes, noting works :(

You need to register the key here... http://www.geforce.co.uk/games-applications/pc-games/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/bundle

Scroll the bottom for key reg link and it will add it to your steam account.

How old will snake be on this one?

This isn't the same snake as MGS4, the game is set long before even MGS 1. The snake from 1,2 and 4 is Solid Snake and is a Clone of this guy. This snake was in MGS3 and Peace Walker and is known as Big Boss, Naked Snake or Venom Snake depending on the game. Hideo Kojima bizarreness...

I'm talking about on PS4. I think the witcher 3 is nice looking but MGS just looks way better to me personally.

TBH, I agree with you. For some reason, some people tend to overhype W3's graphics and the first time I played it (at that time without running SweetFX) I was rather disappointed with how uneven and unappealing it looked. It felt clunky, as well. Trees on crack, cardboard grass, water from 2002 and a cartoony colour palette didn't exactly help much. There are moments when it looks very pretty (Skellige with SweetFX) but, overall, I find MGS V a lot more consistent in the graphical department and generally more pleasant to look at. Plus, some elements in this game are just plain better e.g. lighting, weather and animations.

It's great that MGS V manages to look like that with such modest requirements.

This isn't the same snake as MGS4, the game is set long before even MGS 1. The snake from 1,2 and 4 is Solid Snake and is a Clone of this guy. This snake was in MGS3 and Peace Walker and is known as Big Boss, Naked Snake or Venom Snake depending on the game. Hideo Kojima bizarreness...

I put this earlier in the thread in case people missed it:

This one is set slap bang in the middle of the series really. Here is the timeline

Games playable as 'Big Boss'
MGS3 - 1964
MGS: Peace Walker - 1974
MGS: Ground Zeroes - 1975
MGS5: Phantom Pain - 1983

Games playable as 'Solid Snake'
Metal Gear - 1995
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - 1999
Metal Gear Solid - 2005
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - 2007/2009
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 2014

I'd add portable ops to that too. Between Snake Eater and Peace Walker. Often forgotten, but it is actually a really good game considering it was on the psp, and the story is quite relevant in the mgs world:)

I'm only on mission 1, but I'm shocked (having never played GZ) at how well this runs given how good it looks. Fully maxed out at 1080p vsync on with 353.54 and I don't think I've seen a dip below 59fps for a split second. So far, apart from an ott momment during the intro there isn't much to dislike, however the checkpoint saves could get annoying? Is there an obvious way to know when you've just done one?

This game runs so smoothly at 2560x1440 with everything maxed and looks good.

Decided to restart the first mission as wasn't happy how I'd progressed so far, too many deaths and I am a merciful aggressor, and there's not many games I'd do that on considering I was close to the end of said mission.

Back
Top Bottom