Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

Played it from 7pm till 11pm. I've just got to, Mother Base. Game looks great, and runs perfect. 60fps@1080p on my x58 build and 780 with everything maxed.

WOW! I was expecting a pretty good game but so far this is pretty amazing. Just finished the Prolog with an S rank, whatever that means :D

Wish they had native 3440 x 1440 support. Not the biggest deal as there is already file edit made on the widescreen forum and has not caused any issues with achievements and what not.

Surprisingly runs as smooth as butter with everything maxed, was not expecting that admittedly as it does look pretty stunning also.

Does this game use physx and is it worthwhile if so? The latest build (Version:9.15.0428) doesn't list Windows 10 as compatible and I've seen issues with installing reported?

Not had any issues with Windows 10 and a copy on Steam playing the game or during installation.

Controllers are always better for third person games anyway.

Yeah just use a controller.

Game is so good.

Never had any issues with other third person games tbh reason being your movement shouldn't be locked to what way you looking with camera.

Don't get me wrong am getting used to it, but I just feel they went the wrong way about it.
I would use a controller but my aiming is god dam crap.. So much so it just isn't enjoyable.
Give me a mouse any day of the week.

Last edited:
Well, I'm getting some weird performance problem with this game, I have it maxed and I have a solid 60, yet most of the time it's looking rather unsmooth, if I stop in one area and pan, after about 5-10 seconds it becomes smooth. If I move a ways off or an area loads in like Mother Base it's not smooth again till after that amount of time. So as your moving a lot it's hardly ever smooth.

This is not something I had in Ground Zeroes.

Last edited:
Well, I'm getting some weird performance problem with this game, I have it maxed and I have a solid 60, yet most of the time it's looking rather unsmooth, if I stop in one area and pan, after about 5-10 seconds it becomes smooth. If I move a ways off or an area loads in like Mother Base it's not smooth again till after that amount of time. So as your moving a lot it's hardly ever smooth.

This is not something I had in Ground Zeros.

Test without SLI

You tried using latest drivers? Cleaned with the DDU program?

Seen this game running perfect on two systems with 970 and 980Ti no issues/slow down whatsoever, probably the BEST PC/console crossover game I've ever seen.

Actually curious what the lowest card you could use to max this is? Seems so well optimized.

You tried using latest drivers? Cleaned with the DDU program?

Seen this game running perfect on two systems with 970 and 980Ti no issues/slow down whatsoever, probably the BEST PC/console crossover game I've ever seen.

Actually curious what the lowest card you could use to max this is? Seems so well optimized.

Yes latest drivers with clean install.

Back
Top Bottom