Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Associate
Looks good, hopefully it might see the light of day soon.

Just remembering playing Redux and panicking about my gas mask filters and ammo for the different guns, had to replay some levels just to be able to get through to end without dying after running out of filters.

Associate
Great gfx but it must be said it looks very similar to the superb Mad Max game from 2015 is my only concern & its not true open world either.
I've just 'finished' Mad Max (if that's possible in that game with so many little things to do) as it came free on Origin Premier. It was awesome and I keep hoping they will do a follow up to it.
However, I hope they don't mess up Metro by losing the feel of the first two games. The claustrophobic levels wit the fear of nowhere to go was one f the reasons i liked it so much, along with the limited ammo and supplies and great interaction with the game characters.

Soldato
Looks good, hopefully it might see the light of day soon.

Just remembering playing Redux and panicking about my gas mask filters and ammo for the different guns, had to replay some levels just to be able to get through to end without dying after running out of filters.

Ranger Hardcore? That mode was immersive as hell.

Soldato
CD keys have it on pre order for £35.

I loved the previous ones and this looks good too.

As above I don't think all fps should be open world unless its multiplayer. The previous metros were very good despite being quite linier.

Soldato
Preordered this beaut. 4A Games is one of those top tier studios that have never let me down (like CD Projekt, Larian, Obsidian, Naughty Dog, Rockstar).
Can't wait for this STALKEResque Metro from them.

pre-order-UPDATED.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I completed Metro 2033: Redux over the weekend and then started Last Light: Redux

Last Light already seems to be a bit more refined, looks like the devs learned a lot from the original game.

Caporegime
Denuvo.

Deep Silver and 4A Games have just updated the Steam store page of Metro Exodus, revealing that this new Metro game will be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. Unfortunately, and while the game is available for pre-order and releases in less than a month, the team has not announced yet its PC system requirements.

Both Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux were released on GOG but I’m pretty sure right now that Metro Exodus will not be coming to CD Projekt’s digital service. After all, all GOG releases are DRM-free and I don’t expect Deep Silver to remove Denuvo just so it can release it on GOG.

Still, it will be interesting to see whether Deep Silver and 4A Games will remove this anti-tamper tech once – and if – Metro Exodus gets cracked. It will also be interesting to see whether crackers will be able to crack the game in a week or whether it will take them longer than that.

Metro Exodus is currently scheduled for a February 15th release!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/metro-exodus-will-be-using-the-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech/

Last edited:
Soldato
Shame about denuovo, from the PR perspective it will do them no favours. I have no doubt they will remove it as soon as it gets cracked though.

I understand the desire to protect the game, but I am doubtful that it even increases sales in any meaningful numbers.

Caporegime
System Requirements are out.

index.php

https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/metro_exodus_pc_system_requirements.html

I think Win 7 will do better than that, with higher CPUs and graphics cards.

From the Steam Page.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 or equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1050 / AMD Radeon HD 7870
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 59 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k or equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 / GeForce RTX 2060 / AMD RX VEGA 56
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 59 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Last edited:
Associate
It's £50 on Steam. I was really excited for this game but that's a ridiculous price :( Sales will be low now because of their greed.

Last edited:
Associate
£45-50 seems fairly standard for new and recent releases on Steam. It'll no-doubt be cheaper elsewhere.

£30-35 is more standard. £50 is triple A games territory and even then it puts people off.

My general rule is I spend a £1 per hour of gameplay. So if I pay £50 I want 50 hours of gameplay out of it. Exodus is going to be half of that. They're just being greedy and trying their luck and sales will suffer for it.

Man of Honour
I enjoyed the first two, keen to finish the trilogy off and see where the story goes, but theres no way I'm paying 50 quid for it. There is literally only maybe 2 or 3 titles that I would pay that for. Its not like I even get a nice box to put on the shelf or a nicely drawn hardcopy manual like back in the old days. Its definitely on my buy list currently but I'll be grabbing a key from Voidu or CdKeys or Kinguin.

Soldato
£30-35 is more standard. £50 is triple A games territory and even then it puts people off.

I haven't seen any big games release for £30-35 on Steam in years, if ever. Even the new RE2 is £45, and you can get that on the consoles for £39 at Tesco etc.

Really not sure where you're getting this idea that they're greedy from, it seems an entirely normal price for the game from Steam.

I wouldn't pay £50 for it either, but I would find somewhere cheaper instead.

Back
Top Bottom