Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Associate
I enjoyed the first two, keen to finish the trilogy off and see where the story goes, but theres no way I'm paying 50 quid for it. There is literally only maybe 2 or 3 titles that I would pay that for. Its not like I even get a nice box to put on the shelf or a nicely drawn hardcopy manual like back in the old days. Its definitely on my buy list currently but I'll be grabbing a key from Voidu or CdKeys or Kinguin.
I haven't seen any big games release for £30-35 on Steam in years, if ever. Even the new RE2 is £45, and you can get that on the consoles for £39 at Tesco etc.

Really not sure where you're getting this idea that they're greedy from, it seems an entirely normal price for the game from Steam.

I wouldn't pay £50 for it either, but I would find somewhere cheaper instead.

You can't use Steam much then!

Caporegime
I haven't seen any big games release for £30-35 on Steam in years, if ever. Even the new RE2 is £45, and you can get that on the consoles for £39 at Tesco etc.

Really not sure where you're getting this idea that they're greedy from, it seems an entirely normal price for the game from Steam.

I wouldn't pay £50 for it either, but I would find somewhere cheaper instead.

Not directly on Steam, but the CD-keys sites are cheaper.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/metro-exodus-pc-steam-cd-key

Associate
Not for buying games no, I go where they're cheaper. That's my point.
Normally I use Kinguin for keys. However as the base price is high, it pushes the price up on other sites.

It's not a release day buy for me. I'll wait for the reviews and then work out from there how much I want it. That will decide how much i'm willing to pay :)

Associate
Havnt really enjoyed the last few videos on this.
It's went from a definite day 1 buy to a see what reviews say.
Just doesn't look like it's got the same atmosphere as the other 2.

Caporegime
Despite the Stalker series being my favourite games of all time, I can't say the Metro games quite do it for me. I mean, they are very good as a tech demo, erm, I mean a visual masterpiece, but other than that I can very happily wait until it's peanuts in a sale or something.

Soldato
"Epic Games and Deep Silver today announced a partnership that will see the digitally-distributed PC version of the highly anticipated Metro Exodus release on February 15th 2019 solely through the Epic Games store.[www.epicgames.com]"

"The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam."

That's me out

Soldato
"Epic Games and Deep Silver today announced a partnership that will see the digitally-distributed PC version of the highly anticipated Metro Exodus release on February 15th 2019 solely through the Epic Games store.[www.epicgames.com]"

"The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam."

That's me out
What does that mean for current pre-orders through 3rd party sites like cdkeys? The keys are currently being sold as Steam keys..

I'm really starting to hate Epic :mad:.

Notice: Later today, sales of Metro Exodus will be discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam.

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.

This is what it says on steams page, but i'm not sure what that means for 3rd party purchases. Does Epic even allow 3rd party key sites to sell their keys? Not sure whether to cancel my preorder with cdkeys or not.

Last edited:
Soldato
What does that mean for current pre-orders through 3rd party sites like cdkeys? The keys are currently being sold as Steam keys..

I'm really starting to hate Epic :mad:.

I think it will be steam pre-order only and not cdkeys.

It's still up for sale on steam until it resets in a bit.

edit=The announcement has now been deleted!

Last edited:
Soldato
This is a joke, they shouldn't be able to change the launcher after it has been up on steam for so long. So you think the cdkeys key will be an Epic key? Looks like i'll have to cancel then. I have sent a support ticket, so hopefully they know if it is Steam or Epic.

Soldato
This is a joke, they shouldn't be able to change the launcher after it has been up on steam for so long. So you think the cdkeys key will be an Epic key? Looks like i'll have to cancel then. I have sent a support ticket, so hopefully they know if it is Steam or Epic.

At the moment no one knows what's going on. I would hang on for a bit longer.

Soldato
At the moment no one knows what's going on. I would hang on for a bit longer.

Reading the faq on their site, under the announcement, doesn't make thing any clearer. It just says you will receive the key as expected, but doesn't stipulate whether or not its for Steam.

I pre-ordered Metro Exodus through Humble Bundle or similar key seller – what happens to my order?
Your pre-order will be honored and you will receive your key on release - 15th February 2019.

Caporegime
My reaction - "Oooohhhhhhh ****! Hahahahahahahhhahha"

I only ever played the first one for about an hour and didn't really like it. But this did look good. It is coming to Steam sometime in 2020 when all the bugs will be fixed.

Associate
Shame, was thinking of picking this up on release day. As it is, I'll now hold for a bit - got plenty of games to keep me going.

I wonder if Deep Silver will ultimately have less sales of the game on PC this way? I understand it's cheaper to sell the game on Epic's store, but if you sell significantly less copies anyway, then it's a moot point. Makes even less sense to me when 4A are using their own engine and not Unreal Engine, which IIRC means Epic list the game for virtually free?

Caporegime

That's me out

Ffs same, if id known this was going to happen, id have pre-orderd it by now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom