Michael Schumacher 'Hurt In Skiing Accident'

I'm never taking up skiing. Too bloody dangerous for my liking. I'll stick with the snooker and darts thanks.

I'll never stop as I absolutely love it, but this and the Natasha Richardson incident have made me think that I should probably start wearing a helmet.

Hopefully he pulls through, sad news.

If he does die I wonder if he'll make it to the next year or not.

Arriving in a coma doesn't sounds very promising though tbh.

Well those news stories went from no story to critical quickly.

Imagine if he wasn't wearing a helmet.
You should be scared of doing things due to the risks involved, you wouldn't live if you did that.

Here's hoping he recovers quickly. Although I didn't like him in his first f1 career, he changed a loot of our opinion in his second outing and he's still the best f1 driver ever on the books.

I used to hate the guy, very smug and boring winning everything for a period of time. Then I grew up and realised it was because he was a fierce competitor and was an exceptional talent being the best at what he did. This led to me suddenly liking him and wanting him to win. I saw him win at Magny Cours in 2006.

Fingers crossed he pulls through.

I'll never stop as I absolutely love it, but this and the Natasha Richardson incident have made me think that I should probably start wearing a helmet.

Hopefully he pulls through, sad news.

Definite must, not only are they a good alternative to a beanie to keep your head warm but the protection is vital.

For others don't knock/be afraid of skiing or boarding cause of one incident, he was off piste, probably going pretty damn quick as by the looks of it he's ski'd for a while and seems experienced. You're not going to be exposed to open rock if you stay on a run in a resort. I've been to the three valleys too, great resort!

People die/get injured in lots of sports. What makes boarding/skiing so good is the adrenaline rush!

Really hoping he pulls through.

Definite must, not only are they a good alternative to a beanie to keep your head warm but the protection is vital.

For others don't knock/be afraid of skiing or boarding cause of one incident, he was off piste, probably going pretty damn quick as by the looks of it he's ski'd for a while and seems experienced.

People die/get injured in lots of sports. What makes boarding/skiing so good is the adrenaline rush!

Really hoping he pulls through.

Ever thought a big presence like him at a skiing resort along with his son and just happened to be showing off?

I'm never taking up skiing. Too bloody dangerous for my liking. I'll stick with the snooker and darts thanks.

So is a lot of things that we probably do on a daily basis, as long as you are careful, take time to learn your surroundings.

Unfortunately accidents will always happen, in anything in life

Last edited:
Just seen this on BBC news, get well soon Schumacher! I hope he recovers from his coma swiftly!

I used to watch F1 all the time growing up (and still do, as long as the BBC continue to support it).

Hospital sources say that the Formula 1 legend's wife, Corinna, son, Mick, 14, with whom he was skiing when he fell, and daughter Gina-Marie are all at his bedside.

Surgeon Professor Gerard Saillant, a personal friend, dashed from Paris to the hospital to treat the German.

Back
Top Bottom