Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 announced.

I'll be flying via Gamepass but if I was purchasing, it would be the base version.

As imtoooldforthis said, the Microsoft bits usually don't match payware from other developers so I'd rather spend what you save on payware from elsewhere.

These should be the extra aircraft in aviator edition:

I'm tempted to go for it but £200 is a little steep. Any idea how it plays on a Xbox Series X? I have a yoke etc that works with it. Not sure my PC will handle this.

These should be the extra aircraft in aviator edition:

I'm tempted to go for it but £200 is a little steep. Any idea how it plays on a Xbox Series X? I have a yoke etc that works with it. Not sure my PC will handle this.
it'll be a slippery slope on PC, 9800x3d, then a RTX 5090 lol

I've had a look through them and decided I'm not overly interested in the additional aircraft and they can be bought later anyway, £130 is much more palatable and I am interested in many of the premium deluxe aircraft. Who else has booked the launch week off work? :D

Just need the charlie rudder pedals to be in stock, I've been waiting for them for a year or so!

Last edited:
I've had a look through them and decided I'm not overly interested in the additional aircraft and they can be bought later anyway, £130 is much more palatable and I am interested in many of the premium deluxe aircraft. Who else has booked the launch week off work? :D

Just need the charlie rudder pedals to be in stock, I've been waiting for them for a year or so!

You just remind me to check my roster. Last night shift on the 19th then 4 days off :D

I asked in the other topic if owning a plane from Deluxe or Premium would carry across to 2024 if I didn't but the same level. The MS FAQ has the answer

Will my Premium or Premium Deluxe Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) carry over no matter what edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 I purchase?

If you own Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) Deluxe Edition or Premium Deluxe Edition the additional aircraft and airports unique to these editions will automatically work in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

it'll be a slippery slope on PC, 9800x3d, then a RTX 5090 lol

I definitely think it will be wise to wait for benchtests to see what performs better/where it is worth investing. I did already purchase a 57" ultrawide in preparation so will have to chose carefully on the graphics card, but the physics changes look challenging on he cpu to say the least!

I'd like to try flight sim (got a VR sim racing setup), but not sure whether to wait for this or just pick up the current version...
Xbox game pass is a quid for 2 weeks, then £7 or a tenner a month unless cancelled. I don't know if the sim is included in the £7 subscription. So you could try the current version for a pound. https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass

The 2024 version, if anything like the 2020 when it released, will require a lot of updates, from MS/Asobo and 3rd party developers, so it'll be a while before it's up to scratch. I'll be holding off for a while.

Last edited:
Xbox game pass is a quid for 2 weeks, then a tenner a month unless cancelled. So you could try the current version for a pound. https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass

The 2024 version, if anything like the 2020 when it released, will require a lot of updates, from MS/Asobo and 3rd party developers, so it'll be a while before it's up to scratch. I'll be holding off for a while.

I'll see if I can sign up for that trial, wasn't eligible last time I checked.

I am trying to decide between the Premium Deluxe and Aviator editions. £70 more is a lot though, however those extra aircraft look very nice.

Is there any advantage to pre-ordering?

I think the only advantage is the free water plane for the current and new version, there's no discount as well, so unless you wanted that don't think any benefit at the moment. As someone said the Microsoft planes are often not as good as their 3rd party alternatives so may be worth seeing if the ones you like are cheaper to buy separately. I was thinking the same but going for the base and can upgrade later if I wanted as not cheaper to buy the top one outright first.

Back
Top Bottom