Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 announced.

My understanding is that FS2020 is primarily single core and that FS2024 will enable multi-threading.
To me, that’s the “big” story, yet none of the videos I watched really mentioned it or talked about performance.

I'l feel short-changed unless I get the aviator edition, but its a steep price :X

edit: it's not available on steam yet either :( - They start on 26th Sept apparently :D

Last edited:
I play on series x, I got the premium deluxe last time and will likely get the same for 2024, its a lot of money but well worth it, if you really enjoy flight sim you get many many years of enjoyment.
My only annoyance is how Asobo screwed up the last SU update on Xbox, (graphically) it looks pretty poor from how it once did, pop in, reduced LOD. I get they need to make some sacrifices but they went way off the scale and I think they know they screwed up, apparently they are waiting on some Microsoft fix, something to do with a new SDK.

Anyway hopefully 2024 doesn't have such issues.

I thought by getting the Deluxe Premium 2020 I'd get further benefits but all updates are the same for all levels. I'll just use the GP (base) version for the time being however I'll have to make a decision when my MS Points run out and I can no longer fund GP for "free".

My Gamepass expires November and not bothering renewing, but I have some bing rewards so can get about £30 discount think I'll use it on this but probably just the base version, does look like it still has some great planes

Back
Top Bottom