Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 announced.

Not sure how AM5 are getting on with more than 32gig. Sure it was a bit of an issue, making them unstable, when I built my PC a while ago.
Not an AM5 thing, but rather a DDR5 thing.
With either AMD or Intel, the only way you're getting the advertised speeds (AMP/ EXPO) on DDR5 is by running 2 sticks. Put in 4 sticks & supported speeds are way down around 4200 or 3600.
Fortunately, nowadays, you can get 48GB sticks, for up to 96GB RAM from 2 sticks.
So it shouldn't be a prolem.

Before we get excited for 2024 did they ever ‘fix’ 2020?

I used to play it a lot (58003d and 3080) but every update brought with it a raft of technical issues and frame rates just weren’t great. I did have a few addons running but only the official dlc from the store so not quite the same as mods.

I used to play it a lot (58003d and 3080) but every update brought with it a raft of technical issues and frame rates just weren’t great. I did have a few addons running but only the official dlc from the store so not quite the same as mods.
I think generally yes, whenever I play it it seems fine and I use a 3080 at 4k , medium\high, and for the most part it's smooth, there are times where it crashed but these seem less then when it first started to the point I generally don't recall the last one. VR seems to be the slightly more unstable for me but still acceptable. I still feel confident that I am going to buy the 2024 base version

Obsidianant said in a video that the 64gb recommendation was for people who are running other stuff at the same time such as screen recording or streaming etc, apparently the developers told him that 32gb is fine if you're just running the game.

Just had a look at the minimum system specs and don't think my potato (I7 4700, 24Gb DDR3, GTX 1650 4Gb) is going to cut it.

Time to try and sweet talk the wife into either letting me buy parts for an upgrade or a new box, needed anyway for Win 11 next year.

I particularly like the idea of the compnay and career mode, adds a sense of purpose previously lacking from MSFS earlier iterations.

Not for me.
The only way I can get a decent frame rate in VR is to lower settings, which results in buildings looking like melted marshmallows.

Back
Top Bottom