Military coup in Turkey?

Soldato
Well that's going to be very embarrassing for the west if there is any validity to it and this 'security inspection' can prove NATO involvement in the coup attempt.

Yes Erdogan has been pointing to the west for a while now regarding Gulan. No doubt they'll be looking for a way to speculate at NATO/US complicity regarding Turkish jets and refueling for the coup.

Man of Honour
Caporegime
They should get on like a house on fire being experts at muzzling rivals, nobbling the press and getting people locked up.

Agreed - I think they probably still hate each other but it seems clear Erdogan has decided that the West is no longer compatible with his vision for Turkey and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Caporegime
If the US really was behind the coup attempt then there probably wouldn't have been the confusion over the President's jet which allegedly managed to escape harm by bluffing rebel pilots with a claim that it was a civilian airliner.

Soldato
If the US really was behind the coup attempt then there probably wouldn't have been the confusion over the President's jet which allegedly managed to escape harm by bluffing rebel pilots with a claim that it was a civilian airliner.

Did the US have a hand in it though? It wouldn't be the first time they have done this.

I'm still undecided as to the level of involvement tbh - at least at this point.

Caporegime
Like I said earlier in the thread I wouldn't be surprised if they know about it either in advance or shortly beforehand and chose to do nothing but I'd be skeptical that they actually helped plan it.

Associate
Ha can't wait for Turkey to leave NATO, that'll send reverberations throughout the alliance and hopefully break it.

Would they though? All their fancy warplanes are American. Would hope in that scenario parts/services for those aircraft would be instantly stopped.

Back
Top Bottom