Mini keyring-sized digital camera/camcorder

Soldato
Ah bugger I have broken mine. :(

Bloody Micro SD was not popping out and I wanted to replace it with the new 4gb oneI had delivered. Thought an open paper clip gently poked in at the side would release it but it slipped and went right inside. No working.

Will have to order another I have spent £6 on a damn card now!

Soldato
Ah bugger I have broken mine. :(

Bloody Micro SD was not popping out and I wanted to replace it with the new 4gb oneI had delivered. Thought an open paper clip gently poked in at the side would release it but it slipped and went right inside. No working.

Will have to order another I have spent £6 on a damn card now!

You might have just snapped one of the wires that connects the battery to the PCB. I'd open it up and see before you order another.

Soldato
OP
I couldn't get the MicroSD card out of the first one I shoved it in, had to take it apart with a little screwdriver to get it out :D

Quite a well made little thing considering it's a huge bodge made up from bits of mobile phone (Read the Chuck Lohr review :D ) and it only cost £9 :D

Soldato
Looks like it can only cope with well lit rooms but nice quality and sound too

You might have just snapped one of the wires that connects the battery to the PCB. I'd open it up and see before you order another.

Or the paper clip is shorting something out. They could have caused permanent damage but might as well open it up and remove it now.

It'll just be a circuitboard glued inside some plastic, the cover doesnt matter

Associate
Mine bombed out today :( But managed to get a some nice on-bike footage of the commute to work, will get it uploaded. The camera is not being detected by the PC any more, and the LED is always on, you can't turn the unit off. Luck of the draw, will probably buy another one anyway!

Soldato
Took a couple of pictures and videos today and just recorded some sound now. Its better than i originally thought. You have to be quite still but for £9 its amazing. Sound quality is really good, when im in a club i might tape it under something to record half an hour of a set

edit - just recorded my mate on guitar and it sounds loads better than an iphone mic! apple must spend about 50p on parts

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mine bombed out today :( But managed to get a some nice on-bike footage of the commute to work, will get it uploaded. The camera is not being detected by the PC any more, and the LED is always on, you can't turn the unit off. Luck of the draw, will probably buy another one anyway!
Poke the little reset button, one of mine did this to start with, resetting it fixed it

Back
Top Bottom