Mister FPGA

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I went with those 8bitdo Bluetooth snes pads since these days wireless is needed for the convenience. Very good pads im impressed with 8bitdo. I may get the megadrive versions they have. Think it's the M30

Using an ESP32 board you can build your own wireless interface for original controllers but, with all wireless controllers you increase the input lag somewhat. I might have a go at building one next as I have a few ESP32 lying around.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I’ve been working on a new concept called MiSTer DASH. The idea is to have the DASH in front of your TV with only ONE cable and the MiSTer itself is hidden behind the TV etc

This is the best way I could think of to de clutter my CRT setup as the VGA to SCART lead is pretty hefty!

Features
2 Port SNES Daemon adapter
2 Port USB Hub
4 Programmable RPi Pico Keyboard buttons

The design is based on the Capcom CP Game changer

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
thats pretty cool, great idea!

If you could develop it and at the front have a ttyoled display to show the core i think you could do extremely well with it though id certainly pick up something like that without it.

• Love
Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
thats pretty cool, great idea!

If you could develop it and at the front have a ttyoled display to show the core i think you could do extremely well with it though id certainly pick up something like that without it.
Thanks I'll look in to the ttyoled and get one ordered!

Edit/ Just been doing some reading on the ttyoled and Venice recommends to use a powered USB hub, which then defeats the whole ONE cable ethos. I'm already going to have a Raspberry Pi Pico and Arduino Pro micro (powering up to two 5v SNES pads) connected, I'm not sure the 500mA from the MiSTers USB port is going to be enough for another Arduino and OLED display. In theory you could also connect another two SNES or Megadrive pads through an external DaemonBite adapter too.

I'll have to do some testing but it might not work.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks I'll look in to the ttyoled and get one ordered!

Edit/ Just been doing some reading on the ttyoled and Venice recommends to use a powered USB hub, which then defeats the whole ONE cable ethos. I'm already going to have a Raspberry Pi Pico and Arduino Pro micro (powering up to two 5v SNES pads) connected, I'm not sure the 500mA from the MiSTers USB port is going to be enough for another Arduino and OLED display. In theory you could also connect another two SNES or Megadrive pads through an external DaemonBite adapter too.

I'll have to do some testing but it might not work.
you could always just hot glue a little power cable to the main cable for the display.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Final design before starting the print tomorrow, out of curiosity would anyone else be interested in something like this? I'm thinking of doing another one similar to the front of a SNES.

Soldato
These look awesome. I might be interested, more so in other original adapters (PS1). I only have one original SNES controller, the rest of mine are wireless 2.4 8bitdo ones, either plug them in via USB or use a SNAC adapter for the dongle.

Zaf, you seem really handy with this sort of work. I could do with your skills to make an adapter to use my Sinden Lightgun on my original PS1!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I’ve been working on a new concept called MiSTer DASH. The idea is to have the DASH in front of your TV with only ONE cable and the MiSTer itself is hidden behind the TV etc

This is the best way I could think of to de clutter my CRT setup as the VGA to SCART lead is pretty hefty!

Features
2 Port SNES Daemon adapter
2 Port USB Hub
4 Programmable RPi Pico Keyboard buttons

The design is based on the Capcom CP Game changer

Finally got it all setup after coming back from holiday…

Back
Top Bottom