Mister FPGA

Reading around indicates over 130MHz is the minimum speed for all/most cores as different cores runs at different speeds. I guess 130MHz is a good catchall speed?

MiSTER FPGA wiki lists cores with the SDRAM speed here, Core speeds

Last edited:
What are the impacts of not hitting 150?

My older (will have to open case to check version) module seems stable up to 144 after 30 minutes.
I don't know, although I suspect the official MiSTer forums would be a good place to find out.

I know that the Saturn core is a real stress test for memory modules. My older v2.5 module did exhibit the odd audio issue and crash, albeit handled the core pretty well. My v3.0 has no such issues.

I suspect like the link posted earlier that 150Mhz isn't required.

I don't know, although I suspect the official MiSTer forums would be a good place to find out.

I know that the Saturn core is a real stress test for memory modules. My older v2.5 module did exhibit the odd audio issue and crash, albeit handled the core pretty well. My v3.0 has no such issues.

I suspect like the link posted earlier that 150Mhz isn't required.
I think there might be a possible fix for the older RAM and Saturn core being worked on (there was a build for it a while back).

I managed to put mine together yesterday, tested both sticks of RAM for 3 hours, these were a solid 150 throughout. Overall really impressed, I need to sort out my Arcade cores, some missing files by the look of things. I have tried out the Mega Drive / 32X and PS1 cores, all seemed flawless gameplay-wise. I found the PS1 start up slightly odd, I am not sure if that is a BIOS issue or what, but it sort of cuts out quickly on the PS logo (seemed odd, I need to compare with my other MiSTer).

What Taki has been able to achieve and release here is amazing, full stack with USB C power delivery is impressive. Dualram set up for around £150 is such a great price, packaging could have been more secure, but certainly looked fancy. Interested in seeing the flagship PS1 style console and the handheld, wonder if they're the same thing or if this will have a PSone style screen?

I am keeping an eye out on cases, first batch are supposed to be able to purchase one for the cost of shipping, so will see but the Retro Frog one is looking quite good. Although cost of it, starting to wonder if I would be better off buying my own printer and fancy filament - something to look into!

Update: Turns out I had black transitions on, it looks more normal now!

Last edited:
I managed to put mine together yesterday, tested both sticks of RAM for 3 hours, these were a solid 150 throughout. Overall really impressed, I need to sort out my Arcade cores, some missing files by the look of things. I have tried out the Mega Drive / 32X and PS1 cores, all seemed flawless gameplay-wise. I found the PS1 start up slightly odd, I am not sure if that is a BIOS issue or what, but it sort of cuts out quickly on the PS logo (seemed odd, I need to compare with my other MiSTer).

What Taki has been able to achieve and release here is amazing, full stack with USB C power delivery is impressive. Dualram set up for around £150 is such a great price, packaging could have been more secure, but certainly looked fancy. Interested in seeing the flagship PS1 style console and the handheld, wonder if they're the same thing or if this will have a PSone style screen?

I am keeping an eye out on cases, first batch are supposed to be able to purchase one for the cost of shipping, so will see but the Retro Frog one is looking quite good. Although cost of it, starting to wonder if I would be better off buying my own printer and fancy filament - something to look into!

Update: Turns out I had black transitions on, it looks more normal now!
The PS1 console isn’t the flagship! I believe the flagship is going to have a large built in screen from what he said on Twitter a couple of weeks back.

Regarding power delivery, it’s pointless! All it does is increase heat of the board as it has to step down with 9V or 12V to 5V. Taki says this on his website…

Guys what controllers are you using? I was initially using my PS5 controller but it's been a pain. Thinking of getting a 8BitDo. Wireless okay? 2.4ghz or bluetooth, or are you using wired?

Last edited:
Guys what controllers are you using? I was initially using my PS5 controller but it's been a pain. Thinking of getting a 8BitDo. Wireless okay? 2.4ghz or bluetooth, or are you using wired?
I use so many different ones, what's the main issue with the PS5 controller? That is my go to for the PS1 core :).

Other ones I use:
Retro-bit - 6 button Mega Drive 2.4ghz controller.
N64 - The BT one for Switch online.
8Bitdo - PC Engine 2.4ghz controller (I use this for two button arcade cores, SMS, GG, Gameboy, NES and PCE cores).
8bitdo - SNES 2.4ghz controller (I use a SNAC adapter for this one).

Last edited:
I have received my cases from misterfpga.co.uk and the black one looks smart, I haven't unpacked the acid green one (will probably use that if I pick up another down the line). The only thing that bugs me is the green coloured boards used for the MiSTer Pi, much prefer the black ones.

Reactions: Zaf
It's anyone's guess! He's not said anything on his Twitter account so I'd be surprised if they drop at 1am tonight

image.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom