Monaco Grand Prix 2010, Monte Carlo - Race 6/19

Just having a look at the testing times, anyone thing that Senna is going to be replaced after a few more poor performances... (poor compared to his pretty good team mate not how the rest of the field seeing how rubbish the car is)

I doubt it - I suspect his name alone brings a pile of sponsership money with it. Other drivers seem to be struggling to bring money to F1 when needed.

This made me laugh this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSbjlxwwyPI

Sadly so much truth to it.

Yeah im guessing having a Senna in F1 over rides that hes not really good enough just yet (bit more testing and preparation would have done him a bit of good id guess) meh

Jesus to the Legard thing though! makes me cry inside a little bit that james allen was a better alternative....

Well, they know what to do. Return to the old style of qually (1hr, 12 laps, two days), and anyone who whines about traffic can be told 'tough ****' as they had plenty of time to get a fast lap in.

They don't need two practice sessions on a Friday (or Thursday for Monaco). So turn one of them into an initial qualifying session. Then a Saturday morning practice followed by a 1hr final qualifying. Fastest lap of either qualifying session determines your grid spot.

There was nothing really wrong with that style of qualifying, and plenty that was right. Those final few minutes used to be absolutely spell-binding (especially when Senna was at his peak). Since then they've dicked around with it (1 lap qual was a complete bust, the ideas since have been no better). Time to admit the experiment failed and get back to doing it properly.

I loved old style quali :/

Back
Top Bottom